What do you think of this turbo/combo

Way2QWK

Turbo Spooled by CORN
My friend with a mint 15k original WE4 finally got bit by the horsepower bug. We are looking for easy low twelves/ occasional high 11's. (no cage). What do you think of the TA-54 for our planned combo. Currently the car has gone 12.5 @105 with below combo.

Current set-up:

Stock 15k motor
K&N with hard Maf pipe
stock intercooler
adjustable wastegate
adjustable FPR
walbro 340 hotwired
stock inj
100 octane JL chip
stock exhaust

Planned:

THDP
ATR 3in dual exhaust
Precision single disk 3000 stall
****TA-54*****
****MSD 50lb inj*****
Duttweiler neck

:D :D :D

I think the 3000 stall is going to be too low, and if he gets it running really good, he may run out of injector. If its mainly a street car, that may not be a problem. It will probably feel like a dog on the street with a 3000 stall. I'm running a 3500 stall, and wouldn't want anything less, but I'm also running an .85 housing.

He might want to look into one of bruces 9/11 lockup converters.

3400 stall is good for that turbo.

Ed Baker runs one and likes that as a minimum stall.

Maybe a 61 turbo for the 3000 stall.

Either one should get you there I would think. :)

a TA-49 or TE-44 will easily meet those goals with no converter/street issues.....better suited to the stated goals

I highly agree with azgn. Low 12's, high 11's are very obtainable with those turbos. See my sig.

Thanks for the replys

If we went with the TA-49 will the 50lbers be too much fuel?

The car already has the THDP, exhaust, and Precision converter installed. I would rather have Bruce's 9x11 but thats too late now........ Id rather have Bruce's converter in my personal car, Im sick of the Vigilante rattle, but that is a differant story

no, the 50's will work just fine...I ran my TA-49 to the 11.6 range with 42 lbers, but 50's would have been better!

i got a ta 60 with 50 pound injectors and a 2800 stall. it works out nice. why not look into a ta or te 60, its a bit bigger than the 49.:D