What size tires are you guys running on the street. ?

volvoman

The Green BEAST
I posted this aready but not here. You guys are always full of info. I was reading in an old buick club news letter that the best combo for a gn on the street was, 245s up front and 275s out the back.

I was wondering what All the northwest guys run for street tires. I think the largest I can get under the rear is 245/45 17s.

So here is the ? what is the smallest tire I would want to run?

Post please with your tire combos ..

Thanks

Chris
[

I have stock GN wheels with 225's BFG ZR up front and 275 BFG DR's in the back. I have the aluminum drums and haven't had any problems with rubbing except when I go to the track and air them down to 14psi.

HTH.

Frank

Ultra high performance Firestone Firehawk SZ50's 245x50x16 all around. Got space for more on the rear. Rubbing on the fronts near the far right or left lock positions. Awesome handling in the corners and fair straight-line hook with my moderate power. I'm considering 255's in the rear when it's time for replacement.

I've got 245s in the front and 275s in the rear. My wheels are 17 X 8 in the front w/4" backspacing and 17 X 9.5 in the rear w/4.75" backspacing. I've got my rear wells trimmed a little so I don't get any rubbing at all and am going to do the frame notch once I get my cage in so I can go w/a 315 or so. If 245s are all you can fit in the rear buy a good soft compound tire and go for it. If you are at all concerned with anything but a straight line you should go w/as big as you can fit in the front too. Maybe keep it all 245s.

ADUM