What would happen if someone put..

oh c'mon, out of 64 views no one is gonna respond? :D

just curious to see what the compression would end up as

Low?

Sorry, I'm not sure. I remember this discussed, somewhere, maybe on the GnTTY list. If you put the TTA heads on a Regal engine (one with pistons from a Turbo Regal), the compression goes up, due to the smaller chambers, but I don't have the sizes, or the numbers for the compression ratio. That would mean that Regal heads with TTA pistons would lower the compression, but don't know how much. keep trying, Im sure some of these guys have the actual numbers.

Re: Low?

Originally posted by Ormand
Sorry, I'm not sure. I remember this discussed, somewhere, maybe on the GnTTY list. If you put the TTA heads on a Regal engine (one with pistons from a Turbo Regal), the compression goes up, due to the smaller chambers, but I don't have the sizes, or the numbers for the compression ratio. That would mean that Regal heads with TTA pistons would lower the compression, but don't know how much. keep trying, Im sure some of these guys have the actual numbers.

yeah i figure the compression would go down, just curious to how much :)

I did this on Melissa"s Limited T ....drivability was fine....ran high 11s @115 all day :) ....this was back in the mid 90s;)

OK, this should help some.
I have the GN pistons in my TTA and got 9.27:1 CR
The stock GN is 8.0:1 And the TTA is 9.0:1
I would imagine the GN heads with TTA pistons would get you about 7.7:1CR and would be great for higher boost/ more air in cylinder.

Originally posted by 1badTTA
I would imagine the GN heads with TTA pistons would get you about 7.7:1CR and would be great for higher boost/ more air in cylinder.

that's would i'm thinking :)

The question is if the lower compression higher boost is better or the opposite. Do a search for my username and compression and you will probably find a lengthy and informative debate about it.