whats do i need

DOUBAD RACIN1

Have a 85 grand nationls motor and trans i put in my 89 s10 pickup...
Went with a tr60 turbo
60 lbs injectors
Every thing else is STOCK...
Want to run a scan tool so i can tune...
Wanted to know what would i need to make this happen...
Thanks..

Attachments

• 2017-07-22_20.35.00.jpg
    2017-07-22_20.35.00.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 68
Assuming right now you're running the 84/85 ecm. You need the 86/87 ecm and a chip for your setup. Contact Eric at turbotweak.com. Then a
scan master or powerlogger will be your choices of scan tools.Avoid boost until you can monitor your truck. Look out for knock retard aka KR or detonation. An audible knock sensor is a good investment with these motors. Good luck with your build.

Assuming right now you're running the 84/85 ecm. You need the 86/87 ecm and a chip for your setup. Contact Eric at turbotweak.com. Then a
scan master or powerlogger will be your choices of scan tools.Avoid boost until you can monitor your truck. Look out for knock retard aka KR or detonation. An audible knock sensor is a good investment with these motors. Good luck with your build.

Yes i still have stock ecu, i also have msd boost controle

As stated by @NorCalTurbos

Boosted cars run on computer code.
The more accurate data you have available for offline analysis, the better decisions you are abe to make.

We tend to push combustion pressures to max mechanical/fuel levels, so the tune is key for performance and longevity. Don't be fooled into thinking otherwise.

Last edited: