Where can I find an anchor pin for the rear brakes?

The Granny

I dropped my car off at a chassis shop this morning to get new axles and c clip eliminators.. I just got a call saying the anchor pin (part # 27 in the diagram) is stripped inside of the drum. It will come out, it's just now I need to track down two new ones, one for each side, as soon as possible. I checked rock auto ad a few other parts stores like autozone to see if they sell it and I came up empty. Hopefully someone can help me track down a replacement for it or if they have spares I'll gladly pay. TIA guys

upload_2017-5-16_17-38-46.png

I dropped my car off at a chassis shop this morning to get new axles and c clip eliminators.. I just got a call saying the anchor pin (part # 27 in the diagram) is stripped inside of the drum. It will come out, it's just now I need to track down two new ones, one for each side, as soon as possible. I checked rock auto ad a few other parts stores like autozone to see if they sell it and I came up empty. Hopefully someone can help me track down a replacement for it or if they have spares I'll gladly pay. TIA guys

View attachment 303491

I will check the junk yard tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will check the junk yard tomorrow.

thank you I'm going to be heading over to a junk yard tomorrow morning also. last time I was there there was a regal with the rear end in it but that was a few years ago

Last edited:
I bought a pair of new rear drum backing plates off the internet recently. They were made by Dorman and came with new anchor pins with nuts. Suggest you give Dorman a call.

Here's a link:
http://www.dormanproducts.com/gsearch.aspx?year=1987&make=Buick&model=Regal&origin=YMM&parttype=Brake%20Backing%20Plate

or, I believe I may still have my originals that were removed , will have to check.
If you pay for postage, I'll mail em to ya free of charge.

I'm going to be heading out to a junk yard here in a bit where I believe I can find one, but if I can't and you still have yours I'll pay for shipping no problem I really do appreciate it. Funds are starting to get tight but I'm finally getting all the suspension pieces that have been stuck in boxes for about a month put on my car done. The guy working on the car said if I can't find it the only option was disc brakes and I can't really do that just yet.. if you don't have your old ones then I'll call dorman I'm sure they wouldn't have an issue sending me just the pins. thank you so much

I bought a pair of new rear drum backing plates off the internet recently. They were made by Dorman and came with new anchor pins with nuts. Suggest you give Dorman a call.

Here's a link:
http://www.dormanproducts.com/gsearch.aspx?year=1987&make=Buick&model=Regal&origin=YMM&parttype=Brake%20Backing%20Plate

or, I believe I may still have my originals that were removed , will have to check.
If you pay for postage, I'll mail em to ya free of charge.

I just remembered I had a $35 coupon at oriellys, so I called them and they're going to have it ready for me to pick up at 1:30 today. so I'll just be paying the $10 difference for it. thank you for helping me track it down!!

I just remembered I had a $35 coupon at oriellys, so I called them and they're going to have it ready for me to pick up at 1:30 today. so I'll just be paying the $10 difference for it. thank you for helping me track it down!!

Sweet deal!