where to buy a resperator hood and air supply system for painting

jetmech

I think i would like to buy the hood and air supply system since the paints these days are so toxic. eastwood wants just over 400 for a system. what other options do i have. Do local autobody shops uprgrade sometimes and sell their old stuff. Any place else to buy from. Thanks

I got a junkmail catalog from www.autobodytoolmart.com that has those type of suits and other supplys priced for the budget minded hobbyist. Never bought anything out of it so I dont know what type of service they offer. Eric Fisher

Though the paints today aren't anything you'd want to breath, I believe about 5 or 6 years ago the government mandated formula changes in many urethane type paints. I believe they had to remove the iso-cyanates which are hazardous. While these breathing masks and suits afford optimum protection, if you don't paint cars as a profession, I think you'd be safe with just a good mask. ;)

Look at me......I've painted hundreds of cars and I'm only a LITTLE crazy. :rolleyes:

The goverment only made the paint manufactures remove lead and lower voc's in the paint. For painting occasionaly i good charcoal mask and painters suit will be suffeciant protection. If you want a supplied air resporater your local paint supply store should be able to get you one.