Which Aftermarket Steering Wheel?

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
Anyone have pics of there aftermarket steering wheel? Don't like my stock one. Would like to swap it out.

If I was determined to do an aftermarket wheel on a turbo Buick, it would have to be a Nardi. I had one on a '77 Olds Cutlass years back, and the steering wheel never failed to draw favorable comments, compliments and queries from everyone who saw the wheel. Not cheap.

Yes, Nardi's are nice wheels. I always wanted a chrome 3 spoke wheel wrapped in gray or black leather for my GN. But that would be 400 bucks or so Im sure. I had a Grant racing wheel on the car for a while, liked it at first then hated it. Im back to the stock Buick Wheel. I like it alot. The only other wheel I have considered is a Monte Carlo SS wheel with a Buick overlay.

I have seen many pics of wheels on websites and checked out a bunch in the auto store and on other cars in shows. Seen many I like....but I would like to see one installed on our cars. If anyone has pics or links to a website that has and aftermarket wheel....I would really appreciate it. Please email to me Mybuickwe4@yahoo.com. Thanks

Well I don't have a pic but I had a Budnik billet wheel in my Cutlass. Something to be aware of is that it is what is called a "half-wrap" meaning only the rim that faces the driver is wrapped with material the back half where your fingers grip is aluminum. If you drive the car and it's either really hot or really cold you will know right away!:eek: I think summer heat was the worst.

And I will agree with the others, a factory rally wheel can be hard to beat but if you must get something nice. I found a nice wood grain wheel on ebay for my Monte Carlo. No idea who made it as there are no markings, but it bolted up to a LeCara/Grant adapter.

That's what I love about hot rodding. Everyone has there own taste and idea of what they like. Love seeing different things done on Turbo Buicks cause they are all very much a like. My preference is to update the 80s look. This is just my opinion/taste. The badges gotta go. The font is too dated. The shifter is very 80s and wimpy looking. The steering wheel also looks to grandma. The rims. Of course that is a whole nother topic. I like the originals but want something a little modern. Have the GTA black wheels......may keep them.

I got a Grant Signature 3 spoke black wheel with a Buick Tri shield horn button.
I like it but will be going back to stock soon after redoing my interior. Looks great IMO , was not that expensive and held up perfect. I bought it from Jeggs 8 years ago and it still looks mint. I will post a pic if you want to see what it looks like or you can check their web site.
It was $123 for the wheel
$38 for the adapter
$20 horn button.
For the money I thought it was a great wheel.