Which brake system is better?

kirban 2 cents worth

By the numbers:

We sell an equal number of pm units versus vacuum set ups. Our pm units lifetime warranty long as you own the car and I am vertical to the ground its covered as I got a iron deal with Cardone.

Hydroboost the cheaper one is far more popular also quicker to get....expensive one takes 6 to 8 weeks.

both work on the same principle....time consuming to install

few tips which you may or may not have done stainless hoses to font calipers brass proportioning valve.

I am not here to sway you either way we sell 4 different ways to stop the car.....your choice.

I understand your frustration GM did a few mis steps in the brake department... for example never letting owners know to change the fluid every year or so and using proportioning valve that creates rust issues..

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Dennis, At this point I am so confused. People saying they have great brakes since new with the PM when I have never had brakes worth crap since I bought the car new. GM replaced the whole system and it still was no where near the brakes I've had in all the rest of the vehicles I have owned. What would cause a no braking issue since new if it has nothing to do with the PM or master cylinder?
I can't afford to buy yet another PM, Vacuum set up, or Hydroboost to find out I still have no brakes.

I like my hydroboost setup. I think it works way better than the powermaster ever did.

I've had my car since the fall of 2015 so I'm still a newbie compared to some of you guys, but I've found the PM to be quite satisfactory. According to the paperwork I have, the second owner had a complete new PM installed in 1999, and I installed a "known good" brake ball from Kirban's right after I bought her. I do know that the fluid has been changed over the years, and I've changed it once myself. I have zero issues with braking performance.

of course ,this topic has been well covered over the years....stopping power is usually not the hot topic...it's usually centered around people who have had a complete unexpected failure,for whatever reason, and have had to crash their car, because they can fail unexpectedly. Well documented. FWIW....mine worked well and never failed.... just too many horror stories and i got nervous...went vacuum.

Well from the info I have gotten here it seems that the brake proportioning valve or something else down line of the the PM and master cylinder has been defective right from the factory and my dealership and Buick reps missed it all these years. Any ideas on what would be the culprit for bad brakes since new?