Which Chips?

player

I have a GN, and was wondering what chips are avalible.
I am using standard Premium Fuel, no alcohol.
Do they have programable chips for the GN?

I have tried a number of chips for a stock set-up. Reds 93 is a very popular street chip. I also have a turbotweak that allows for timing and fuel adjustments. The fastest chip I have is an old hypertech that everyone scorns. Problem is that it is a high timing chip and will knock a little on pump gas.

Turbotweak all the way.Mine idles better than a stocker on an injector that most hate(009's)because none of the chip makers could get them right a few years ago.

My 87 limited had the ATR pitbull chip in the car for about 4 months, it would die at part throttle when it was cool out, kinda like a carb car that wasnt running correctly.

it really would piss me off every morning when trying to turn around in the driveway, would die everytime because it would idle down too low. seems that alot of the turbo regals with the stock chip die alot more than they would with one of the newer chips out.

the very day i installed my Eric Marshall / Turbotweak chip in the car, i havent driven my new truck to work because i enjoy the car so much. it really did make a difference in the way the car drives.
ive put over 1000 miles on the car in the past month.
considering it took me 6 years to put 4000 miles on it before i got one of his chips for that car.
im sure if you check out the alky section here at tb.com you might get swayed into buying a alky kit too!
BW

Blue tops

I like my Thrasher and Reds about the same, with Turbotweak a close runnerup.

Wow! Thanx for all the replies! Now, uhh... where can I buy these online? Or in Hawaii?

Beautiful place to live, i visited Oahu just last January.
i miss going to the flea market at the stadium, T-shirts sure are cheap!
BW

Originally posted by player
Do they have programable chips for the GN?
Yep they are programmable yourself if you desire to learn. Just need a UV light amd a Pocket Programmer, and Tunercat...total cost up and running is about $250...the best chips are your own then, you can also get a 8 or 16 position thumbwheel from caspers and make 8 or 16 different chips in one like security/no start, valet, street, and various race chips with different fueling and spark for different boost levels...
With the 8 or 16 positionTW, you can get electronically programmable chips and you don't need to use the UV light.
Oloha, I was in Honolulu back in March and went to the local track there one Friday night and met about a dozen of the TR/GN owners around Oahu that came out there that night.

If you want more info I can point you to several different web sites if interested.