Who's from the MS Gulf Coast (or Mobile, New Orleans area)

Pascagoula, Ms.

I frequented Market St (Thunder's Tavern, woohoo) back in 94-95 while my ship was being built at Ingalls - I liked the place (maybe b/c I wasn't "stuck" there, like some of the folks... How are things there nowadays?

Not sure what you mean by "stuck" but everything is going well here. As I'm sure you're aware the USS Cole was put back on duty this week so there's been a lot of media attention here for such a small town. I was born and raised in Gautier and went to Pascagoula High School (class of '84). Which ship were (are?) you on? Did you have a TR while you were here?

Goula!

"Stuck" is probably more discriptive of the unskilled Ingalls workers (and a few others) that do not have the initiative to take charge in their lives and pursue their dreams/disadvantaged upbringing, etc, than anything else, I just remember some people having a "I wish I could get out of this place"attitude.

I was on the USS Stout (DDG-55) and I arrived in May94 until Aug 94 when we first sailed her away. We were back in 95 for a final drydocking and some other changes (it was called "PSA" I think) First time I was there, I had my Bronze 86, when we came back in 95, I brought my (recently purchased) WE4 too. I am an Asian looking guy - so you might have seen me around. Another Navy guy I met later also was there a little before me, who also had two TR's. He was a light skin Brother, but I didn't meet him till later on up in Norfolk.

One of my best memories was the street racing where folks would gather down at the abandoned weigh station out by the AL. state line. That was pretty cool.:D

I remember there were two other GNs rolling around owned by local guys, one w/ GNX rims, the other w/ stock GN wheels. There was also a guy with a Syclone...wow, doesn't seem like it was 6 years ago!:eek: