Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Ttype83

USAF Retired
Well it's time to find out.

ME: Spent $525 for BRF trans & TC shipped
$100 for rewelded driver header
$3200 in parts & labor rebuilding after los of oil
(I was to cheap to buy the needed tools...hindsight)
ISP: $9.95 month for dail up...don't want to spend $25 for cable
Haven't buy a new pair of jeans in 3 years, my mother-in-law sews up the holes.
I wouldn't buy new 15" rims & tires because my still have lots of life left.
I built my own computers, fastest is 500mhz, still have & use me first 14" monitor.
I buy my shoes at Kmart when they are 50% off & hope for the bluelight special when I'm there.

O.K.

Here's Fred: Has'nt changed his spark plugs in 2 yrs. Ran on bald tire's for a year so I could use my tax return to rebuild my entire front end in 1999. Now I want Buick Rally rims.......they're not just cool......they're way cheap just like me.

Only upgrades and modififications are based upon recieving a tax refund. (Our fearless leader GW Bush once said something about buying a muffler....or was it the democrats? Anyway I've being doing this most of my life).

Only puts in gas when the gauge is on "E". Although my wife keeps throwing out my old jeans.....I sneak them out of the garbage can. (They're pretty well beat but I like the fit).

I keep telling myself that the only reason I keep my Regal is because maybe someday it'll be a classic. Truth is that I'm too cheap to buy me a new car.

Vote for me....I'm the all time cheapest Buick Regal owner there'll ever be....

Don't vote for Jim.....he's rich. (Our fearless leader GW Bush said something about giving our service men and women a raise of some sort). :rolleyes:

Or me. I use my old montgomery wards (remember them?) work shirts to work on the cars. My car sits out in the rain because I can't take the time or money to build even a carport. My rear tires are bald. My wifes car got 2 new tires only because we have been driving it with 2 rear tires with broken belts in them. (hell of a wobble). I buy K&N air filters for everything just so I don't have to worry about spending money on them again. I am thinking about getting one of those spark plug cleaners just so I won't have to buy plugs anymore, but then decided against it because they cost to much. I keep thinking about getting some new wheels but then I look at the FREE estimate that I got and it reminds me why I haven't yet. When my car got wrecked the first time, I drove it around for 3 months with the front end in primer because I didn't want to spend the money then. My wife made me spend the income tax return to get it repainted. I want to upgrade my ignition but can't find anybody that has a spare MSD box laying around that they don't want anymore. As much as everybody in my house hates it, I only buy John Wayne toilet paper. (rough as hell, doesn't take sh!t off of anyone.) Oh yeah and I have 3-4 pairs of pants that don't have holes, the rest have all kinds of holes in them because a needle and thread are to expensive. :D

P.S. Oh and as for ISP, my friends parents let me use thier sign in.;)

OK Freddie tells us how you connect to the internet.....

Before I moved here I had free ISP....Pat check them out, they are by you... www.nocharge.com

I cut my own hair, I'm to cheap to spend the $11 to get it cut.

Well.....ahh......uhh....:rolleyes:

Alright, alright....so I took Fred C's advice and got Earthlink. Everything was free including my first month's usage so I still border on being a skin-flint. :eek:

Anyway I gotta have DSL. Once one has had DSL you aint the same any more. It's like swapping a Turbo for an N/A . That would be pure insanity. :eek:

All I can say is that people make choices in life. I might settle for living in a cave but I gotta have at least one luxury. :D

I will look into that if they quit letting me use thier earthlink for free. :D I love that word. FREE!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Freddie's Buick
I guess all this proves is that we're all a bunch of cheap B$%#@ds! :eek:

What's for sure freddie :D I got 2 votes....well only 1, I voted for myself. Sooooo who thinks I cheap????

Alright.....I'll throw in the towel. I'm borderline cheap. You're the almighty skinflint. But that Pat.....I tell you...:rolleyes:...what a freeloader. :D :cool:

Originally posted by Freddie's Buick
Alright.....I'll throw in the towel. I'm borderline cheap. You're the almighty skinflint. But that Pat.....I tell you...:rolleyes:...what a freeloader. :D :cool:

ROTFLMAO....Pat Freeloader

Don't throw in the towel we can reuse it. Well I've actually starting to get smarted...or just don't want to pay for labor again. I'm going to try to replace the HG myself. :eek: Started looking at how I can move stuff around in the garage to fit my car in. Carp I need to have a yard sale, but as soon as I get ride of it, I'll need it....hmmm maybe I fit in the packrat catagory

freeloader

That is more fitting than you know. See my grandma gave me a good piece of advice. "If somebody offers you something for free, take it. Even if you have to throw it away on the way home. If you don't they might not offer you something next time." I follow that closely. :D So there I was driving through Fred Meyers parking lot when I glanced over and saw a 12 pack of the expensive toilet paper sitting in a cart that was in the cart corral. I made my wife hop outta the car and put it in the trunk. FREE, FREE, FREE.

Oh god, you took my advise. :)
So how do you like Earthlink so far?
Dialup or DSL?

Well here is my story.

1. My wedding anniversary coincides with opening day at the track. So I take my wife on a romantic trip to the racetrack for are anniversary (We'll be married 23 years in March). She is a real good sport and we do stay at a nice hotel the night before.

2. All My computers, exception of the one I'm using now are hand me downs. I build my own. And Buy used parts if they need any.

3. Same thing with my TV's & VCR’s, I use to be a TV repairman, Still have my TV repair license (you never know what tomorrow holds). I have not bought a new TV or used in 20 years. I used 3 TVs to make one working one.

4. Change the oil once a year in the other cars, the olds gets changed every ten rounds. (And I buy the cheapest filters I can find for them the other cars).

6. House needs a new roof and flooring, but I am going racing this season (I hope).

7. I burn the cheapest fuel I can find in the other cars, but I will spend $7.75 a gallon for C16 at the track. (That’s why I built my own Alky injection so I can get away from doing that.)

Somebody else voted for other, I wonder who that was for. I may have the winning statement here. My car is valued at more than my mobile home is. That either makes me extremely cheap, or a redneck, you make the call.

Pat............ can you say Jerry Springer? I thought most of those guest owned 'pick-up' trucks not turbos? :confused:

Hey Fred C.

Too early to tell with Earthlink. I don't do 'dial-up' anymore. But so far.....very good! (Hate thier customer service though. It takes forever to reach a human being). :rolleyes:

John Wayne TP! Ha!

Pat, where I work the TP is so thin that I can read the safety
sign on the wall through TWO sheets. That is (almost) why I call it
Peek-A-Boo! paper. :eek: :)