Why no .85 Exhaust Housing on the 6262 CEA DBB????

1987T

Looking for 10's
Like the title says I went to order one and wanted the DBB with a .85 Exhaust Housing and cant get it that way :(
Im going to try and call PPE and see if I cant it done direct.

Anyone know why this is???

Goofy as you can get the 6265 DBB CEA with one :confused: I just think the 6265 will be to much for what Im doing stock heads and cam so I know I have to run a lot of boost to go where Im going Just think the 6265 will do what the 45a did on my old car and back up and slow down cause no faster times. (IE to much turbo for the combo) I do plan to add heads and cam later but not for while.

The 6262 with the .63 will be fine. I think you will like it in the higher boost levels.

I had a 6265 DBB with an 85 housing. I sold the 85 and went to a 63. It was on my TTA with a crappy IC so I wanted the 63 to spool it faster on the street. My TTA has ported heads too. The 85 spooled ok but I like it better with the 63. I think with a better IC the 85 housing would have spooled good on the street. My TTA just has a DUTT neck stock IC.

I had a 6265 DBB with an 85 housing. I sold the 85 and went to a 63. It was on my TTA with a crappy IC so I wanted the 63 to spool it faster on the street. My TTA has ported heads too. The 85 spooled ok but I like it better with the 63. I think with a better IC the 85 housing would have spooled good on the street. My TTA just has a DUTT neck stock IC.

I have a great CAS V-4 stock location intercooler. Another member said to go with a 6365 Witch I found on the PTE site today. Its an older style turbo so Im lost now lol.
I have a 3000 - 3200 Stall at 0 psi and will be upgrading from a 6152 with GT350 wheel. I would like the .85 ext. housing as it will flow better and drop back pressure on the turbo.
What stall were you using with the 6265 DBB with 85 housing?

The Precision .85 is available but there wont be much power in it if your car traps under 135mph. You can have any ex housing cut for a larger turbine wheel also if needed. Ive done this plenty of times myself. Im assuming you were talking about the 6265. The title says 6263.

The Precision .85 is available but there wont be much power in it if your car traps under 135mph. You can have any ex housing cut for a larger turbine wheel also if needed. Ive done this plenty of times myself. Im assuming you were talking about the 6265. The title says 6263.

Hummm This stuff is very confusing :confused: Im hopping for 10.60 at around 127 -129 I was told that the 6365 will give me more 3rd gear Power and pull harder in the top end of the Track. Its rated at 695 HP and the 6262 is 705hp per PTE's site. The big pull on the top end would be cool to have. I see you have lots of Noldge on this subject Bison Id love to hear your thoughts and you also put a like on one of my other post in another thread when I said about going to the 6262 or 6265 BB CEA turbos. I have a running bet with a friend I cant put a bone stock T-Type in the high to mid 10's lol Little does he know I went 10.90's with my old T :D Im just hopping to do a little better this time with all these new turbos out that are so much better.

Hummm This stuff is very confusing :confused: Im hopping for 10.60 at around 127 -129 I was told that the 6365 will give me more 3rd gear Power and pull harder in the top end of the Track. Its rated at 695 HP and the 6262 is 705hp per PTE's site. The big pull on the top end would be cool to have. I see you have lots of Noldge on this subject Bison Id love to hear your thoughts and you also put a like on one of my other post in another thread when I said about going to the 6262 or 6265 BB CEA turbos. I have a running bet with a friend I cant put a bone stock T-Type in the high to mid 10's lol Little does he know I went 10.90's with my old T :D Im just hopping to do a little better this time with all these new turbos out that are so much better.
The 6262 had been mid 10's on an unopened engine with boost over 30psi. The old 6376 has been low 10's with a lot of engine work with boost in the mid 20's. I dont know of anyone who has run a 6365. It should do all the 6376 does. Those ratings dont mean much. Most cant come within 10% of the power potential. Some can surpass them. They dont list the pressure ratios to hit the power they advertise. You arent making 705hp on one of these small hyd cammed engines without a bunch of work running under 35psi. The 6376 has made close to 700hp with much lower pressure ratios but needs a lot fo parts to make it work that well. My opinion is that they will both make the same power on pressure ratios under 3:1. Beyond that the 62 ex wheel will have more backpressure but 6365 compressor wheel will run out over 3:1 a lot faster than the 62 billet. So if you plan on running mid 10's without opening the engine you are better off running the 6262 hard and cranking the boost up in the mid 30's. If you are running crap fuel and doing heads and cam with a lot of other supporting parts under 30psi the 6365 will likely work better. The 6265/66 would do better if you are looking for mid 10's and want to run the high boost you need to get there. Dont scrimp on the converter. You wont be putting a bone stock t type anywhere near the 10's without a lot of modification to the car. All the work to get a bone stocker to run 10's could be done in one day if needed though.

The 6262 had been mid 10's on an unopened engine with boost over 30psi. The old 6376 has been low 10's with a lot of engine work with boost in the mid 20's. I dont know of anyone who has run a 6365. It should do all the 6376 does. Those ratings dont mean much. Most cant come within 10% of the power potential. Some can surpass them. They dont list the pressure ratios to hit the power they advertise. You arent making 705hp on one of these small hyd cammed engines without a bunch of work running under 35psi. The 6376 has made close to 700hp with much lower pressure ratios but needs a lot fo parts to make it work that well. My opinion is that they will both make the same power on pressure ratios under 3:1. Beyond that the 62 ex wheel will have more backpressure but 6365 compressor wheel will run out over 3:1 a lot faster than the 62 billet. So if you plan on running mid 10's without opening the engine you are better off running the 6262 hard and cranking the boost up in the mid 30's. If you are running crap fuel and doing heads and cam with a lot of other supporting parts under 30psi the 6365 will likely work better. The 6265/66 would do better if you are looking for mid 10's and want to run the high boost you need to get there. Dont scrimp on the converter. You wont be putting a bone stock t type anywhere near the 10's without a lot of modification to the car. All the work to get a bone stocker to run 10's could be done in one day if needed though.

THANKS! The car has upper and lower boxed control arms an HR Parts Swaw Bar (The up side down Anti roll as I like to call it) and will be slicks. Trans has a Brake all billet parts and good to 800hp. Also has a PTC 9.5" 3000-3200 stall non lock up converter. The car should hook well. Already has a 3" DP with External gate and in car manual boost control. 4" Big Mouth cold air kit 3.5" Maf with Translator Alky control alky kit CAS v4 IC with the larger 3" inlet 65mm TB PTE Upper Plenum and RJC P plate and I may add a 1/2" Spacer to that. And a 3" Single shot ex. with Cut out I plan to add the electric cutout deal to that as well. Fuel will be 110 leaded with a small amount of alky sprayed if needed to keep knock at bay.

I think Im on the right path the cars been 11.3XX at 117 @ 27psi off the foot brake now with the 6152 that is on it. I think I could go to 30psi with it and go low 11 to really high 10's with it. Id just like to be able get a little bit more and the DBB would help spool up on the line I think.

GREAT INFO and thanks very much FOR IT! :) So after my read Im thinking of going with the 6265 or 6266 DBB CEA turbo and the only question still is .85 or .63 ext. Housing :confused: I think the .85 is the way to go. Was thinking the 4" Inlet and 2.5 or 3" Out will be the way to go and Ill upgrade the 3" Inlet pipe to a 3.5 since the maf is only 3.5 any way.
Thanks again for all the great info ! Im printing out for my ref. later

THANKS! The car has upper and lower boxed control arms an HR Parts Swaw Bar (The up side down Anti roll as I like to call it) and will be slicks. Trans has a Brake all billet parts and good to 800hp. Also has a PTC 9.5" 3000-3200 stall non lock up converter. The car should hook well. Already has a 3" DP with External gate and in car manual boost control. 4" Big Mouth cold air kit 3.5" Maf with Translator Alky control alky kit CAS v4 IC with the larger 3" inlet 65mm TB PTE Upper Plenum and RJC P plate and I may add a 1/2" Spacer to that. And a 3" Single shot ex. with Cut out I plan to add the electric cutout deal to that as well. Fuel will be 110 leaded with a small amount of alky sprayed if needed to keep knock at bay.

I think Im on the right path the cars been 11.3XX at 117 @ 27psi off the foot brake now with the 6152 that is on it. I think I could go to 30psi with it and go low 11 to really high 10's with it. Id just like to be able get a little bit more and the DBB would help spool up on the line I think.

GREAT INFO and thanks very much FOR IT! :) So after my read Im thinking of going with the 6265 or 6266 DBB CEA turbo and the only question still is .85 or .63 ext. Housing :confused: I think the .85 is the way to go. Was thinking the 4" Inlet and 2.5 or 3" Out will be the way to go and Ill upgrade the 3" Inlet pipe to a 3.5 since the maf is only 3.5 any way.
Thanks again for all the great info ! Im printing out for my ref. later
Id be going with the 6266 if i had all that stuff and be looking for 130+ on 116 octane fuel. The thing is you will need to run it over 700hp all the time unless you are going to run a big external wastegate and come off the header with it. If you dont you will have a lot of boost creep. That would be the only reason why i wouldnt go with a 6266. They dont cooperate when you try running a turbo that will support 800hp at 500hp. The compressor cover you choose wont matter much. KevinB has been over 140mph on an E cover. Id probably still run the .63 housing unless i was leaving off a trans brake. Id be dialing the alky way back unless you are in a hot climate. Single 10gph nozzle combined with 116 octane. I wouldnt try pushing this thing to 10.50 on 93/alky unless you are port injecting the alky.

I have a great CAS V-4 stock location intercooler. Another member said to go with a 6365 Witch I found on the PTE site today. Its an older style turbo so Im lost now lol.
I have a 3000 - 3200 Stall at 0 psi and will be upgrading from a 6152 with GT350 wheel. I would like the .85 ext. housing as it will flow better and drop back pressure on the turbo.
What stall were you using with the 6265 DBB with 85 housing?

I am using a 0 pump Vigilante. It is rated at 3200. But at 1psi it it at 2600. It spools like lightning with the 63 housing on it. I only had the 85 housing because I got a good deal on the turbo. But I am much happier with the 63 housing. I did not notice any top end difference between the housings either at my level.

Id be going with the 6266 if i had all that stuff and be looking for 130+ on 116 octane fuel. The thing is you will need to run it over 700hp all the time unless you are going to run a big external wastegate and come off the header with it. If you dont you will have a lot of boost creep. That would be the only reason why i wouldnt go with a 6266. They dont cooperate when you try running a turbo that will support 800hp at 500hp. The compressor cover you choose wont matter much. KevinB has been over 140mph on an E cover. Id probably still run the .63 housing unless i was leaving off a trans brake. Id be dialing the alky way back unless you are in a hot climate. Single 10gph nozzle combined with 116 octane. I wouldnt try pushing this thing to 10.50 on 93/alky unless you are port injecting the alky.

I do plan to leave on the brake :) I was going to wait till I get the rear end beefed up with 30 spline Axles and a better locker though. I dont trust the stock stuff with that much shock off the line. I still have to think about what to do. Maybe better off with the 6262 DBB with the .63 housing I just know a buddy picked up .30 in the 1/4 with the .85 housing on his GN but he has ported heads and a 214 roller cam but still running an old school 63 turbo. His MPH went up from 129 to 137 also. I thought it was a back pressure thing. The External gate is off the DP also. Im going to call PTE and see what they say as well. The 3" Inlet maybe a lot easier to deal with also. Just thought the 2" Out would be an issue as well. Id love to see 10.60 on a stock motor :) in a full weight T with air and all the power options. I know I need to be in the 30+ PSI range to make it work. Best fuel I can get local is 110 octane leaded unless I get it at the track and there way way to expensive on c116. Was looking to getting some Dragon 118 some one on here was talking about it as well. Found a dealer in Mi about 1 hour north of me. I have a 110 chip now with 25/24* of timing I think. The other runs were on 93 and a ton of Alky at 27psi with a hemco Upper that I took off as I could never get the thing not to have some knock with it.
Cant wait for spring lol. Cars up for winter so I wanted to swap the turbo and get things ready to go for the 1st No ET race in april. :)
Ill post up what PTE says after I call. Maybe the 6265 or the 6262 either will be DBB
Thanks again for the info and help!

I just know a buddy picked up .30 in the 1/4 with the .85 housing on his GN but he has ported heads and a 214 roller cam but still running an old school 63 turbo. His MPH went up from 129 to 137 also.
You arent picking up 8mph from a housing change. 137mph with a full weight car and and old 63 compressor wheel. Maybe he knows a lot more than us?

Doesnt sound "bone stock" to me:confused:

Since you have all of those mods and havent commented about street spool charistics I'd kill it with a 6766 .85 and beef up the rearend this winter as well, lol.

You arent picking up 8mph from a housing change. 137mph with a full weight car and and old 63 compressor wheel. Maybe he knows a lot more than us?

Im sure he change other things he's hiding things what ever. I know the Ex. housing changed add some to it. Not sure what else was change its just what I saw looking at it and is what I was told.
Sorry if I sound stupid to ya

Doesnt sound "bone stock" to me:confused:

Since you have all of those mods and havent commented about street spool charistics I'd kill it with a 6766 .85 and beef up the rearend this winter as well, lol.

Ha Ha its bone stock as far as the engine goes only thing up graded are the valve springs and the other items mentioned its a Stock unopened engine 36,000 mile 1987 T. :)