wich is better meth or alky???

figga8n

im not sure what to use to get the best performance. I have a smc kit can i use this same pump to run meth? Will i get more performance using meth vs alky?

figga8n said:
im not sure what to use to get the best performance. I have a smc kit can i use this same pump to run meth? Will i get more performance using meth vs alky?

Careful. The earlier SMC pump was never designed to handle methanol, or water of any kind. The newer kits now feature a pump that is compatible for meth/water per SMC. You really need to contact Steve to see if he will give a thumbs up on using methanol with your system.

Next.. methanol=alky. Its a form of alcohol. There are many forms of alcohol. The top three for our uses are Methanol, Denatured, and Isopropyl.

Whatever you decide to use.. stick with it to keep your tune the same. Due to costs, my preference is methanol. But of your pump is not compatible... then using such a liquid through it can have consequences.

HTH

Razor said:
Careful. The earlier SMC pump was never designed to handle methanol, or water of any kind. The newer kits now feature a pump that is compatible for meth/water per SMC. You really need to contact Steve to see if he will give a thumbs up on using methanol with your system.

Next.. methanol=alky. Its a form of alcohol. There are many forms of alcohol. The top three for our uses are Methanol, Denatured, and Isopropyl.

Whatever you decide to use.. stick with it to keep your tune the same. Due to costs, my preference is methanol. But of your pump is not compatible... then using such a liquid through it can have consequences.

HTH
cool thanks for the help. i have the newer progressive kit but ill call smc to see what they say.