wierd problem at high rpm...

BLACK MAGIC RACING

formerly turbo_canuck
THis all started last week, the car was running strong, with passes in the 10.60-10.80 range. all of the sudden, on my 4th pass of the day, the car won't rev past around 55-5800 rpm,it's kind of missing, like it's hitting a rev limiter or something. run ended in a 11.20. i get back to the pit, and checked all my grounds, as it seemed like a ground issue. i noticed that the nuts holding the coil/module assembly are loose, so i tighten them up, hoping the prob is solved, not so. after nothing changed on the next pass, i figured maybe my msd dis-4 ho was messing up, so i unplugged it and put the jumper in. same thing. i decide to go home. i start checking things out. i ohm my plug wires, and get numbers all over the place, so i put some new taylor 409's on, and figure since my module is the original one from the factory, maybe that's part of it, so a new one goes on. i get to the track today, so sure that i solved my problem, but no such luck, the miss is still there. all intercooler hose clamps are tight, all grounds are good, coil pack, module, plugs and wires are all new,numbers were normal all the way down the track (02's in the 770-790 range, boost stayed steady at 20 lbs, etc..) wtf is going on???? :confused:

springs are supposedly new in the champion gn1's, but that's a real good point, i'll have to check out the rocker adjustment...sound like valve float?

turbo_canuck said:
springs are supposedly new in the champion gn1's...sound like valve float?

What lift is your cam? I believe the GN1 Valve Springs are good for only .500 lift or so.