Wierd problem???

T

turbov6joe

Here is one for y'all???
Right now my tranny is out and I wanted to start the motor to circulate fluids, so I loosely fastened the crossover pipe and started the motor. The idle was hunting over the place and the motor ran like crap for the most part. It actually wouldn't stay ideling at one point Then I took off the cross over, disconnected the MAF sensor and re-started the motor. The idle was now smooth, but when I'd blip the throttle, the motor didn't seem to want to accelerate like it should without a tranny dragging it down??? If I slowly moved the throttle up, it would increase at a decently smooth rate, but then it would backfire through the exhaust when I let off the throttle. I started the motor without the MAF sensor a month ago and it seemed to run great all things considered, and didn't act like this; what gives now? Could I have fouled out the plugs running it with the cross over so loose it was drawing in pirate air? Could the MAF sensor mysteriously gone bad over this month?

You dont have the inertia of the conveter. Remember how the car wanted to stall when you went from a 12" to a 9" converter? Well, you went from a 9" to a 0" now :)

Kind of how a lawn mower wont run without the blade on it.

I suspect you could recalibrate for NO converter, but why..

Actually without the tranny it never stalls, it kinda runs like an Indy motor in sorts... I do agree with the converter theory, I hated that stalling out problem untill I got the anti-stall patch put into my chip. This is a new problem if I can call it that, kinda just a wierd deal all together.