Will intercooler upgrade help?

sugarandopium

where were the spiders
am going to have the radiator/fans swapped out soon.
wondering if intercooler upgrade is worthwhile upgrade while im in that area.

currently running a stock converter and a ta49.
stock intercooler, car has alky.

going to put in a PTC 2800 stall converter in about a month.
prob going to upgrade the turbo to a slightly larger billet dbb unit, come late fall or spring 2010.
motor is stock, will prob stay stock. car sees only street use.

question is, if i were to upgrade to a PTE SLIC, will i see any higher torque or faster spool?
both now as-is, and the future with better converter/bigger turbo?

I don't know about the PTE intercooler but when I switched from a stock intercooler to a ThunderFab SLIC I noticed an increase in spool-up. Also by making only 2 changes: 1) Intercooler; 2) Going from 26" tall 275 X 50 X 15 Nittos to 27 X 10 Hoosier QTP's I picked up 7 MPH!

I don't know about the PTE intercooler but when I switched from a stock intercooler to a ThunderFab SLIC I noticed an increase in spool-up. Also by making only 2 changes: 1) Intercooler; 2) Going from 26" tall 275 X 50 X 15 Nittos to 27 X 10 Hoosier QTP's I picked up 7 MPH!

damn, nice!!!
faster spool will sell me for sure.

If you were keeping the ta49 I would say you need a modded stock IC with a Dutt neck only. The alky is doing the cooling but your dilemma is airflow. IF you are going to upgrade to a bigger turbo then I would say YES get a SLIC. I have the PTE and I love it. The stock IC will choke down a bigger turbo.

If you were keeping the ta49 I would say you need a modded stock IC with a Dutt neck only. The alky is doing the cooling but your dilemma is airflow. IF you are going to upgrade to a bigger turbo then I would say YES get a SLIC. I have the PTE and I love it. The stock IC will choke down a bigger turbo.

yeah i was wondering if it needed it or not with alky.
will have a combo very similar to yours by next year, so good to hear its working well.
now if the damn thing will ever get off backorder :mad: