Will OTC read OBD2

DAVID C

I'm considering buying a used OTC. I need a scan tool to do many other car brands and years. I'm waiting for the callback on the OTC. I don't know if it is a 2000 or 4000 (yet). He said he has several cables. He's asking $150. Are they capable of doing '96 to present systems also? Is this a good price? Dave C.

You can contact the OTC customer service at (1-800-533-6127) if you need to. The new OTC's are around $550 bucks. So it does sound like a good deal to me, if it is a OTC4000. I'm not to sure about the OTC2000 units. I believe you can purchase the newer cartridges to scan the newer cars. Like I said, to be sure you may want to give them a call. HTH :)

Well... I bought it. It is a OTC 4000E. The E means enhanced. It is capable of doing OBD2 if the upgraded cartridge is purchased. The guy I bought it from says it's $700 to upgrade. It came with cartridges for domestics and imports, along with all the cables. He had over $900 invested in it. He went to a new Snap-on unit. I'll call the OTC customer service to find out the actual cost to upgrade. It may be a while before I can afford to upgrade. Just in time for yet a new system that I won't be able to scan.:rolleyes: Dave C.