WILWOOD manual master cylinder?

Sam Colalillo

low 9's w/ a 109
Is anyone running a WILWOOD or STRANGE manual master cylinder? What size bore with calipers up front and drums out back. Did you use the original brake pedal? What all had to be modified?

Is anyone running a WILWOOD or STRANGE manual master cylinder? What size bore with calipers up front and drums out back. Did you use the original brake pedal? What all had to be modified?

I use the Stange small bore with stock front brakes and Aerospace rears. It is important that you remove the stock prop valve and go to an adjustable for the rears. On top of that you will need a 10 lb residual valve on the rear line with the stock drums.

If you have racing disks all the way around you will need a 3 lb residual on the back and probably 1 lb or so in the front.

I use the stock pedal and mounting stud.

The reason for the rear residual valve on the drums goes without saying. But with the rear disks,like the 4 piston aerospace , you have to fight the surface area of all those pistons pushing back. My buddy runs a 1 lb on his rears, but in my opinion a 3lb works better.

Thanks for the info Louie,

That master cylinder mounted right up to the studs on the OEM pedal assembly?

I have adjustable proportioning vavles. Your comment about the residual presure valves has me confused. I was thinking that mounting the master cylinder in the stock location (not down low where the brake lines would be higher than the master cylinder) would eliminate the need for residual pressure valves.

Hey Billy, I was looking at that kit but had concerns. In the pics it looks like that piece doesn't completely cover the hole in the firewall. Can you verify? It looks as though there's some insulation sticking out around the top of the plate. Thanks, Scott

that is exactly what I was thinking about doing

Billy,
Did you order from these guys? Looks like it fits perfect, might not cover the hole all the way, but I can always weld a little more sheet metal to the fire wall.

Wonder if I need to get a MonteCarlo brake pedal assembly, because they are different than the one used on a Turbo Buick (power master requires a diffent pedal assembly).

I am going to shoot these guys an email and see if they will give me a call.

Sorry guys, I did not see this.

I have the master installed with block. I will take some pics. The hole is covered.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com