window adjustments

JeffRender

My car has new weather stripping but I am getting alot of wind noise through the top of the windows. Each side! What does it take to adjust the window to fit more snug into the weather stripping? My car has power windows.

Thanks

Jeff Render

Take the upper an lower door panels off. You will see two (what I call tabs) metal stoppers held on with a 10mm bolt that are located in a vertical slot. Moving them up will allow your window to go up further. There are also other "tabs" that allow horizontal adjustment. You can play with all of them to get your window to fit perfect, just takes some patience and time.

Kirban Performance also has a book on this topic that was written by a Buick Mechanic.....

www.kirbanperformance.com

like $18 or so....

might want to try it... haven't had to use mine yet... waiting for the car to get out of the shop! :)

HTH

Joel

Follow up question

Didn't I read at one time that someone was doing window adjustments previously at the Nats? I'll have my car down there and the windows need some help. I do most all of the mechanical work on my car, but I figured I'd better leave this one to an expert.

Re: Follow up question

Originally posted by tim87tr
Didn't I read at one time that someone was doing window adjustments previously at the Nats? I'll have my car down there and the windows need some help. I do most all of the mechanical work on my car, but I figured I'd better leave this one to an expert.

EXPERT? IF YOU CAN TURN A 10mm WRENCH, AND HAVE A LITTLE TIME, YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF. ;)

Re: Re: Follow up question

Originally posted by Red Regal T
EXPERT? IF YOU CAN TURN A 10mm WRENCH, AND HAVE A LITTLE TIME, YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF. ;)
Enlighten me:D . It seems I've done everything else to my cars, and I know there is a Kirban book on it too. Do I need a book? I haven't found any search info on the board or on gnttype.

The windows are power and if I grab the tops they move laterally quite a bit. They move outward going down the road too:mad: . The GN is a Ttop.

If you work on your car, you won't have any problem. Take the door panels off and go. There's only a few adjustments you can do. Trial and error. Won't take you long to be an expert. ;)

Ok, I'll have to tinker with it some weekend. The above post talks about horizontal adjustment, besides the vertical (up/down). Is the horiz. adjust. referring to movement perpendicular to the door like the problem with my windows? There just seems to be a lot of play in my windows and I am curious if there are adjusting tabs for that also (yea I know I'll figure it out when I pop the door panel off;) , but I'm curious now)

Red Regal T, I believe I met you at BG last year. Were you parked on the inner corral area of the Motel 6? We're staying across the road at the Scottish Inn this year, but will be over to the Motel V6:cool:

There is adjustments forall directions
Verticle (up down)
Horizontal (front to back)
and in and out

Originally posted by zam70
There is adjustments forall directions
Verticle (up down)
Horizontal (front to back)
and in and out
Thanks Scott, I'll tweak it soon. I just got my AC going and I'm enjoying that and see my closed windows being pulled by the wind out away from the car :rolleyes:

I MISSED THE NATS LAST YEAR.........WILL BE AT MOTEL 6 THIS YEAR. ALSO FIND ME AT MY VENDOR SPOT. MY RED T WILL BE PARKED ON IT. ;)