Window regulator rollers.

'87 Turbo "T"

What a complete shitshow!!
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Hey everyone,

Have the doors apart for window adjustment & I see my rollers are flat spotted. What is everyone using for the rollers?

I saw the GBody parts set but that's almost $60 for six rollers(yeah, yeah I know Buick's ain't cheap).

Is there a Dorman or a Help brand that people use with good results?

Thanks.

Don't waste your money on the Gbody rollers. I bought them. Didn't work out and we know how much they like to take stuff back.

Pick up doorman 74407 at your local auto parts store and remove the roller from the pivot. That is how I repaired mine. It worked out perfectly and very cost effective. AND it actually rolls.

Attachments

• IMG_20220412_111458172_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20220412_111458172_HDR~2.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 78
Here are the Gbody ones.... I couldn't make them work. Basically when installed they fit too close to the arm of the regulator

Attachments

• IMG_20220411_105830819~2.jpg
    IMG_20220411_105830819~2.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 60
Thanks! Did you buy 6 or only 4? The 74407 looks a bit different, but there could’ve been a design change.

Thanks again.

I only replaced one roller per side. Just the ones that were flat spotted. The one that slides virtually was in great shape. The main thing to do is clean the tracks and rollers really well. The original grease is thick and nasty. I used Kerosene and an old tooth brush to clean everything up. Then re greased the tracks, gear and pivot. Attached is a before photo... Couldnt find one after I cleaned everything up. I also debated on replacing the window motors, glad I left them. The windows move much quicker now. If yours are weak and noisy, now is the time to tackle that job. It's also easier to deal with the rollers with the regulator out.

Adjusting the glass was the most time consuming for me. Use a dollar bill to check the gaps, then tweak it accordingly. There are a lot of YouTube videos on this. Kirban sells a manual also. It is very helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_20220410_133915934~2.jpg
    IMG_20220410_133915934~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
I pried the wheel off and tossed the arbor or pivot. Hopefully that makes sense

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220705-205359.png
    Screenshot_20220705-205359.png
    367.5 KB · Views: 71
The Kirban book is the reason I’m in this whole predicament! Lol. I was working on adjusting the passenger glass & I could see the horizontal rollers weren’t rolling, they just slide in the track. Plus there’s a lot of play with those rollers.

Figured since it’s apart, why not change the rollers. The motor is brand new at least on the passenger side.

The book is very helpful. Tightened up the gaps & glass really well. Now to just get the rollers & hopefully the roller comes apart easily.

Good thread here. My windows are all floppy and dint seal at all. Maybe it’s time for weather stripping and new window rollers and all that fancy stuff. Thanks for the info

My windows are all floppy and dint seal at all. Maybe it’s time for weather stripping and new window rollers and all that fancy stuff.
Check the hardware (10mm nuts?) that attach the glass to the track. They can become loose. There is also a plastic clip rivited to the glass. One of mine was broken. That clip is a big player in how the glass fits when all the way up.