Window Seals Replacement Advice

hawkfan

My 87 Limited T needed the seals that run along the a, roof, and b pillar that the window seals to. I bought some of the aftermarket seals from G Body that are 'close' to OEM quality and they recommed a body shop install them? I wanted to know how hard it is to change these myself and GET THEM RIGHT. I figured there are plenty of guys here who like to DIY when it comes to these things. Any tips for a novice? Or should I just take it to a body shop? BTW, these are the seals I bought:

http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=1409&osCsid=7b973b6d9cf4afbc8dcbc35e387ff97c

I did mine myself, very simple to do. Philips screwdriver and a small putty knife to guide it back in the channel. Not a difficult or time consuming project. Mine were very tight on the windows after they were first installed, but they are getting better.

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't more complicated than it seemed.

It's easy. No need to glue them. Just make sure the channels are clean and spend some time adjusting the windows if necessary. (That's the biggest pain with this project.)

It's easy. No need to glue them. Just make sure the channels are clean and spend some time adjusting the windows if necessary. (That's the biggest pain with this project.)
Oh ok. So I don't even need any glue? I'll try to tackle this after work then. I've had the seals in the trunk (with my other yet to be installed parts) waiting to get it to a body shop or interior guy.

Thanks all for the help. I only replaced the driver side seal since that was the one that allowed water to pour into the car. The passenger side can wait. Getting the old foam and glue out of the channel was the hardest part. I didn't glue it since it popped into the channel with a little persuasion. It's a lot tighter fit than the old seal.