Windows hitting blow out clips when closing doors

xtremexnyc

Hi All,

Having a problem when closing the doors and the windows hitting the window clips. I hate to do it when I leave the car and close the doors holding the glass. Or when I am inside and shutting doors then have to roll the window down and then back up. Sound familiar? How do I adjust this? Also the passenger side window looks like it is further forward and barely touches the weather strip. It's a T-Top car if that matters any. Thanks in advance.

Having the same problem with my driver's side window since I purchased the car.

Hi All,

Having a problem when closing the doors and the windows hitting the window clips. I hate to do it when I leave the car and close the doors holding the glass. Or when I am inside and shutting doors then have to roll the window down and then back up. Sound familiar? How do I adjust this? Also the passenger side window looks like it is further forward and barely touches the weather strip. It's a T-Top car if that matters any. Thanks in advance.
There is some adjustment bolts you can adjust with the door panel off. Both are on the right and left side. Pretty easy fix. It will let you adjust how high the window goes on the front and back side. They both should be 10mm bolts.

Kirban still sell the "how to" book, on door/glass adjusting??? If so, worth the $$.

Spend the money if you can't pull the top section of the door panel and loosen two bolts to adjust the window from going up to far. It's not hard at all. Could be done in less then 1/2 hour per side. Don't let a fellow member spend money that is not needed. He is asking for help guys, let try to help him out before spending money that he really doesn't need too. I'm not trying to start a pissing match, but we all are well educated in fixing these car and problems that pop up from time to time. Just trying to help him save some money. I can post you a few pictures of the two bolts that need adjusted if that will help you out. I have a overall with the driver door panel still off. Just let me know if i can help you out.

I'm not one to advocate spending money unnecessarily but, the Kirban book is pretty helpful. It's between $12 and $19
( http://www.kirbanperformance.com/pr...NDOW+RATTLES+AND+WIND+NOISE+BOOK+#6739-2.html)

There are several adjustments on the window and they take time to do right; lots of time... and patience. If you have the book it will help with better reference info than I can give off the top of my head.

Are your doors properly aligned? If the door is sagging due to a worn pin, the window alignment will be off. Also, look at the condition of your weatherstrip.

Here is the two bolts that will need adjusted. Like turbo39151 said if the door is sagging or worn pins you might have a problem trying trying to get it 100% correct. Worse case you will need to buy the book. Hope this helps you out some.
DSCN2643.JPG
DSCN2641.JPG
DSCN2642.JPG

Those aren't the only bolts that you might need to adjust. That is why people say to buy the book. It is tough to post EVERY step with pictures for this considering the starting point for each car is different. Heck, your guide that is riveted to the window could be broken and the pin at the top isn't catching it and guiding the window to where it should be! Which is what is wrong with mine. If THAT is broken it doesn't matter what else you adjust, your window will NEVER align right until you get that guide fixed.

Thanks all for the suggestions and this pic. Doors are aligned ok. Not looking for 100% but just something that when I close the door it does not catch the blow out clips.

Thanks all for the suggestions and this pic. Doors are aligned ok. Not looking for 100% but just something that when I close the door it does not catch the blow out clips.
Your welcome. It's not rocket science anyways..its a couple of bolts and your time. It's kind of fun and rewarding to do things yourself when possible.

My window guide (the one thats riveted to the bottom of the window) is broken. Do I need to buy a new window, or is that plastic piece of crap sold separately? Thanks.