WIX Filters

Jeff Rand

FYI
I have been using a Baldwin filter #B 279 and I recently switched to Wix 51060R. I did not see any difference and the price of $12.00 was about the same but the Wix was easier to get. Recently I found the same Wix filters on line for $4.79. The web site is http://www.fleetfilter.com.
Side note, I just purchased a used 2003 Ford diesel and the WiX fuel filters were $89 and the oil filter $29 through my local Auto Aid and on line the are $33 and $11!
Jeff

Jeff-= are you running the bigger filter adapter cause the filter you chose has a different thread than the stock one. -13/16 vs 18 mmx1.5 for the stock.

49-blues said:
Jeff-= are you running the bigger filter adapter cause the filter you chose has a different thread than the stock one. -13/16 vs 18 mmx1.5 for the stock.

I am running a remote oil filter with the Duttweiler oil plate. There is a Wix replacement for the stock oil filter. Sorry I do not know the number.
Jeff

Do they require that you buy bulk ?
What did you find in regard to shipping with them, time and cost ?
TIA

:cool:

Phatman said:
Do they require that you buy bulk ?
What did you find in regard to shipping with them, time and cost ?
TIA

:cool:

You do not have to buy in bulk. I have not recieved my filters but the shipping charges are what I would expect to pay using UPS. Can't comment on the shipping time (I did not get my filters yet) but it should be standard UPS shipping time.
Jeff