Won't start........

WH1

Car started sputtering and coughing then finally died. It will turn over but won't start. (I just put a walbro 307, hotwire kit and gas tank on it three days ago.) It was fine untill this morning. You can hear the pump running and there is fuel at the fuel rail port. Anybody got any ideas?

Mine did that and it was the ECM.

Start stall.

Who would of thunk it.

(Except for maybe BFH his does all kinds of goofy stuff.)

Just a thought.

Pardon my ignorance, but is there any way to check these sensors with a proper scan tool? If it is the ECM why is it showing me the code#12?

I know you said you have fuel at the rail but the coughing, sputtering, and then dying sure sounds like a fuel problem. Do you have a pressure guage on the rail? Usually if something in the ignition fails it will just die without all the drama.

If you were around here when I had my long, never-ending, no start problem....

Search my thread(s) on No Start. I went through exhaustive checks and it turned up to be my injectors. Try to keep it simple....check for spark, wet plugs (gas), and compression. I dunno if it will sputter when the cam sensor is out but check that too...I agree with above - check these two sensors...cam and crank.

All the procedures are on the gnttype.org site for setting cam sensor etc..

Many things can be the source of your no start. Ignition module going or gone, coil, wires, plugs, gas or lack thereof, injectors, poor grounds......and the list goes on. Try to do like I did and keep the process of elimination simple. Not a flame on the other post...but if you have a code 12 - it's not likely that its the ecm.

All the guys on here are VERY helpful and you WILL get it running shorly by following their advice...worked for me.

Good luck

Hey guys, I appreciate all your suggestions. The car was about 20 miles closer to my favourite mechanic than to my house, so I had it towed there. I'm going over there in the morning, hopefully he'll have it going already.

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's input and let you guys know what the problem was. It was my two day old Walbro; I talked to PTE and should receive my replacment pump today.