Woodgrain GN

Polak420

Black Sunshine
Hello I'm thinking about changeing the dash, wheel, shifter handle, and the inside T-top piller to woodgrain. Does anyone else have woodgrain trim on thier GN. I think it would give a new meaning to going fast with class. A race/luxary car.

Thanks for the input,
polak420

P.S. If you strongly disagree with this please post a intellegent reason without resorting to flaming, and wasting everyone's time. Thank you.:cool:

Try looking at a Regal Limited It has woodgrain dash and woodgrain on the door

JFH

I have the panel above the glove box ,,its wood grain and lights up...Make offer.....its rare...

Dennis

Sorry no ,,but I will get some ,,it not installed ,,its sitting on the shelf...

Please don't take this as a flame. More curiousity.

I'm thinking of the grey and black interior of a GN. Then I'm trying to think of what wood would even match in that environment.

Are you thinking of using real wood, or stickers?

Just curious... no flame.:p

Have you ever seen a lincoln blackwood. The wood on it is black and grey. I was told it was real wood? That would match the black and grey and probably look good. Finding that would be hard I'm sure. Personally I think woodgrain looks best in caddy's!
I'm anxious to see the results of this project.

No flame taken, just an intellgient question. Yes I plan on using real wood. (Maybe Manhongy) I do not plan on geting this done anytime soon. I was just interested in other people's thoughts. I also whanted to know if anyone else had it done B4 and had some pics. When I do get it done I'll be sure to post. I figured GNs have luxary options like power seats, and cruise control, why not "go fast with class" nothing beats a Race/Luxary car. Get the best of both worlds. Woodgrain always looks best in luxary cars.

Thanks for your input,
Polak420:cool:

Originally posted by 84turbogn
Have you ever seen a lincoln blackwood. The wood on it is black and grey. I was told it was real wood? That would match the black and grey and probably look good. Finding that would be hard I'm sure. Personally I think woodgrain looks best in caddy's!
I'm anxious to see the results of this project.

Interesting idea. I'm sure that was real wood. Perhaps it was colored with some sort of technique like pool sticks are colored in wood grain. I have a pool stick that's dark blue in wood grain.

Originally posted by Polak420
No flame taken, just an intellgient question. Yes I plan on using real wood. (Maybe Manhongy) I do not plan on geting this done anytime soon. I was just interested in other people's thoughts. I also whanted to know if anyone else had it done B4 and had some pics. When I do get it done I'll be sure to post. I figured GNs have luxary options like power seats, and cruise control, why not "go fast with class" nothing beats a Race/Luxary car. Get the best of both worlds. Woodgrain always looks best in luxary cars.

Thanks for your input,
Polak420:cool:

Actually Mahogany was what I initially had in mind when I first read this thread. Something dark, but mahogany also has a 'rich' quality to it that may not work right with the cold silver/grey steel tones in the car.

I'm sure you'll match all this and try several samples before decking this out. I think the real payoff will be in the actual woodwork. A good job of sanding and finish will really set a project like that off.

Keep us posted.