WOT Knock Question

87chrisss

BLUBYU
:cool:Ok so the fuel pressure to 43psi at idle im running 93oct with smc alky kit.... boost is at 20-23# i never get on the car from a stop i always roll into it at about 25mph roll. (anything under that i'll sweep the street left to right) im on street tires. not sticky..im planning to hit the track this weekend so want to be tip top...i noticed tonight at wot i got a o2 808 / 0.5 knock on scanmaster and my knock gauge went into the 2nd/3rd green light.... know im wondering if if the car is over revving.? anyways....so i let off** i was running a boosted prelude anyways, should i raise fuel pressure? or should i try a different alky mix? or turn the pump speed higher? current pump speed is at 6 and its a single line alky... im currently using HEET with -20 windshield washer fluid ive used ethyl alcohol from cvs before and also home depot denatured alcohol with a cap of klotz oil? ive always tried to feel the difference but i honestly cant so im still on the quest of the right mix? what do the guru's think should i raise up my fuel pressure a couple psi try a different mix??

Chris what is fuel pressure rising to when you get to 20 pounds? Should be # for # so 63-64#'s. That SMC kit is out dated and i would bet its not up to par with pump speed. What chip are you running? Have you done anything since you bought the car? Or just been driving?

Denatured alcohol with a cap of marvel is what i used when i had that kit. Try to turn it up. Is it the intank pump?

intank pump for the smc..i know its outdated but it works fine never had a problem with it.. i have the FP gauge on fuel rail..also i have a TT alky chip... since i bought the car i put new msd wire's synthetic oil change, new pcv valve, i didnt do spark plugs because they looked pretty new..should i put some new plugs also the car wont knock till high in the rpm range at wot...im thinking the car's overreving on the 2-3 on top, anyways tranny's done with shift kit and a 28-3k stall...green stripe injector's 30-32#'s...stock block.. stock heads stock head bolts, also its just knocking 0.5 im going to bump the FP to 45#

You may have never had a problem but it will fade in and out. I have heard of a bunch doing that and mine did that also. Nothing works forever. Move fuel pressure to where you can see it while driving. Just temporary if needed. Do you have a powerlogger or just a scan master? If you post some #'s it would help.

it also might be a batch of S/hitty fuel im going to fill her up again with vpower* i think i have some mobil1 still in tank..that might be it....i'll post some number's tonight when i get home i'll do a couple test n tune WOT pulls...before i touch anything post it here and see if anything should be adjusted on my street tune..