Write up for Turbo install..

1qknash

Hello all,
I am a noobie to this forum in California, Got an 87 GN over a year ago but just haven't had time for her.. She runs pretty good..some mods the previous owner put on are LT1 MAF and translator, 3 inch Terry Houston Downpipe, Kenne Bell FMIC, Pitbull mufflers with test pipes..Extender chip (I think) 32# injectors (i think) walboro fuel pump with hotwire kit, Stock turbo..Yeah go figure?? Did everything but turbo :eek: Oh..stock converter also..anyway I got a slightly used 6152 turbo off ebay sometime ago and wanted to know if there any good DIY write-ups for a turbo install? Also what size injectors should I go with with this turbo and I already decided to go with a Chip from Turbotweak. Also planning to do my converter but not now..maybe in a couple months..Also will be doing some spring cleaning soon before turbo install of course..Thanks

that 61 is gonna spool extremely slow with the stock converter. i'd wait until you did the converter first before you swapped out the stock turbo. if you are def going to stick with the 61 i'd go with the 60lb(some call 65) injectors. i'm running the gt6152e, 60lb'ers, and a turbotweak chip and the car runs very well. when you do the converter don't skimp either. minimum i'd go with is a 3200+. people may say a 2800-3000 will work fine but i would not recommend it. not sure if anyone has a write-up for the turbo install but it's not that bad at all, swapped mine out a few times. good luck with the car, sure you'll have a blast with the 61 on and running right. :cool: