Write-up? Remove and Replace Powermaster?

SpeedRacerX

My Powermaster needs to be removed and sent to Richard Clark for a rebuild.

I searched here and on the other site that has maintenance docs but I can't find a write-up or guide on removing the Powermaster.

Can anybody point me to one or provide the 10-step method???

Thank you in advance.

I used hook style pick to get the retaining clip off the brake pedal, then slide the pushrod off the pedal. You're done under the dash. In the engine bay remove the brake lines, electrical connections and two bolts on the firewall.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Awesome though I feel like an idiot because I looked there and didn't see that article. Thanks for the link and the advice!
Appears like an easier job than the heater core I did.

If you didn't already do it there is No need to take anything off the brake pedal. You can leave that rod attached to the pedal when you remove the whole unit. Vinny

If you didn't already do it there is No need to take anything off the brake pedal. You can leave that rod attached to the pedal when you remove the whole unit. Vinny
Can you explain more? I'm not seeing this in my head. Does this mean the rod gets detached somewhere under the hood? Certainly the whole brake pedal assembly isn't getting pulled thru the firewall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The rod has a plastic ring around the end of it which sits in the hole in the back of the MC. you can remove the whole unit and leave that rod right where it is. Once you remove the two nuts and start to pull the MC forward you will see And just reinstall the same way. The rod will not move out of position. It will go back together. VINNY

The rod has a plastic ring around the end of it which sits in the hole in the back of the MC. you can remove the whole unit and leave that rod right where it is. Once you remove the two nuts and start to pull the MC forward you will see And just reinstall the same way. The rod will not move out of position. It will go back together. VINNY
Wow. Any chance I get to avoid being under my dash is a good thing.

Thanks for this info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk