WTB TTA Engine Oil Cooler

Are you after the whole setup or just the Modine sandwich bit? (black bit) If you are just after the middle bit (Modine black sandwich cooler) I got a spare I can part with. Drop me a line jlarsson@london.com and I can shoot you some photos.

Are you after the whole setup or just the Modine sandwich bit? (black bit) If you are just after the middle bit (Modine black sandwich cooler) I got a spare I can part with. Drop me a line jlarsson@london.com and I can shoot you some photos.

Hi Jan
email sent.
I think we're talking about the same thing. I need the hockey puck thing with the two oil lines that the oil filter screws onto.
The oil change shop I used bent mine so the filter can't get a good seal.
http://krif.com/oil/DSC03211.JPG

Hi Jan
email sent.
I think we're talking about the same thing. I need the hockey puck thing with the two oil lines that the oil filter screws onto.
The oil change shop I used bent mine so the filter can't get a good seal.
http://krif.com/oil/DSC03211.JPG

Yep same thing, I'll digg it out tonight and shoot you a couple of pictures. Those hoses are coolant hoses on the hockey puck thing :) Not sure how they managed to bend it, that lip is pretty stiff ... did you take it apart and had a loock seems like just the oil filter gasket/seal is popping out maybe if you take it off and install it properly it works?

Yep same thing, I'll digg it out tonight and shoot you a couple of pictures. Those hoses are coolant hoses on the hockey puck thing :) Not sure how they managed to bend it, that lip is pretty stiff ... did you take it apart and had a loock seems like just the oil filter gasket/seal is popping out maybe if you take it off and install it properly it works?

Hi Jan
I havent pulled it apart but from what I can see the puck thing is bent. When you get a look at yours please let me know.
Thanks
Jim

Hi Jan
I havent pulled it apart but from what I can see the puck thing is bent. When you get a look at yours please let me know.
Thanks
Jim

Jim take off the filter and put a new one on .. is the filter hitting the idler arm when ya cut the wheels???

Jim take off the filter and put a new one on .. is the filter hitting the idler arm when ya cut the wheels???

Hi Dan
The old filter was and got a hole in it. I've been useing a shorter one since the long one sprung a leak. Do you think that's what casued the damage?

Hi Dan
The old filter was and got a hole in it. I've been useing a shorter one since the long one sprung a leak. Do you think that's what casued the damage?

yup !! happened on my brand new TTA in 89.. Dealer of course did NOTHING :rolleyes: I ended up denting the filter so it couldn't hit the idler arm :eek: Good fix on a BRAND NEW CAR :eek:

That is also the same cooler used on the SBC cars. But it is discontinued. It's kind of a crap shoot with used ones. I built a fixture to flush out used ones from the boneyard but it's time consuming especially on the ones that had the bearings ran through them. I wouldn't have a problem using one from a known good engine.

Howdy Big Jim! Guys!

You don't need that stinking cooler unless you are trying to keep the stock apperance. Just pull it off and stick a filter on the block. That thing never really worked anyway, it was just a sales gimmick. You know, like the cross drilled crank.

Is it just me .. but that looks like there are two gaskets sandwiched together.

There is no gasket suppossed to be on the cooler side. Only on the filter.