WTH? TTA on Ebay

Funny, I was told that car was sold.

I had inquired about it a month or so ago.

Here is some e-mails traded back and forth . . .

Dealer:
Thank you for your interest in the 1989 Pontiac Trans. To answer your questions - yes it is still available and it is currently listed for $24,900 with 23,000 miles.
This is a documented 22k mi car with t-tops, leather and thousands of dollars in high quality performance parts. The builder of this car has built 8 high end Turbo Buick's including the 1995 Car Craft "Real Street Eliminator", 2nd place Buick, the May 2000 GM High Tech cover car, and the November 2001 GM High Tech Cover car. There were 1555 of these cars produced in 1989 only. Over $17k in high-end accessories installed at 22,500 miles. This is a solid 11-second car that has air conditioning and can be driven anywhere. This TA is one of the nicest and fastest TA's to be seen. It needs nothing! If you would like more information please feel free to contact me at anytime.
I look forward to hearing from you!

Myself:
Trudy,
I did receive the information and I thank you. Although I am sure the car is certainly everything described, I find the price a bit too high considering what I have seen out in the market for 89 TTA's with under 10,000 miles. The modifications made to the car are very nice, but for my wants and needs, they do not add anything to the value.
If you have room to move lower on the price, I might consider the car.
I do thank you for the quick response

Dealer:
Dear Richard,
I do understand your position in regards to the value to you and the modifications this particular vehicle has. I can definitely offer you a more attractive price of $23,900 however this would be my bottom line. Let me ask you what price range are you looking at? If not this vehicle then maybe another vehicle will come along that will fit your price range and needs.
Sincerely,
Trudy

I could not find my last e-mail from them, but basicallt it said they appeciated my interest in the car, but unfortunately the car was sold. If I was still interested in this type of car or something else, please contact them so they could try and locate something for me.

70Mach1 said:
Funny, I was told that car was sold.

I had inquired about it a month or so ago.

Alright, lets figure they want a 30% profit (That's pretty low), which means they paid approx. $18,000 . . . . which is about what it's worth, maybe still a little high.

If they're looking to make less profit than 30%, they got screwed. But I doubt that . . . I think they basically paid what the car is worth and they're looking for a sucker. And there's always a Sucker.

Who Needs 8 said:
Alright, lets figure they want a 30% profit (That's pretty low), which means they paid approx. $18,000 . . . . which is about what it's worth, maybe still a little high.

If they're looking to make less profit than 30%, they got screwed. But I doubt that . . . I think they basically paid what the car is worth and they're looking for a sucker. And there's always a Sucker.

Could very well be a consignment car. They do that as well.