Xenon lamps

TTA 1077

Is anybody using Xenon head & fog lamps for the TTA? If so what kit and how much, and how do they work?

If the silverstarts are Xenon i'm using them. I love them. They are white not ricey blue. If they arent Xenons sorry to hijack.

Jason

No the silverstar's are halogen, I looked at them and I'm considering those too. I really like the look and the brightness of the xenon, friend has them in his new vett and they are awsome.

My Dad put silverstars on his C4 (and no, their not Xenon), and I think their crap. They're not as bright as regular bulbs IMO.

I run the silverstars in my Buick Ranier and like them. As soon as I get my TTA back (One Day :( ) I'm getting the silverstars for it.

i dont have a tta, but i tried to run HID lighting before in the gn. it was a plug and play kit, but the wires were to thin and they failed to light.

Who Needs 8 said:
My Dad put silverstars on his C4 (and no, their not Xenon), and I think their crap. They're not as bright as regular bulbs IMO.
Take them back and get new ones.

Jason

Are HID the same as Xenon (or use the Xenon bulbs)? And what are the c6 vetts using ? I know th silver star is not xenon but it seems brighter than the chepo halogens

as far as i know if they are not HID, they are halogen. i've seen the cheapy ricer bulbs at the car part places called xenon and claim the look of hid. once you have a car with hid you never will want halogen again. only problem, hid bulbs are over 100 bucks a bulb to replace.

I got my Eaglite H.I.D. Conversion Kit for my Eclipse from www.midnightmoose.com but they just got bought out. Don't know if they make kits for third generation Firebirds.

I also have Silverstars in my 99 Z28. They are whiter than regular halogens, but my HIDs make you think the Z's headlights aren't even on.

Our QX4 came with factory HIDs. Maybe I'll yank those out and make them work on the TTA... Yeah, maybe my wife won't notice either.

Seems like it would be easier to find HID kits for third generation Camaros than Firebirds due to non-popup headlights.

thirdgen.org has a few results when you search.