Xtreme pickups?

An Xtreme is your basic S-10, slightly lowered with a body cladding and wheel/tire package. Engine choice is 2.2L 4 banger or ? 6 banger. Check my sig for my version of an Xtreme pickup!

IF YOU GOT THE 4.3 & SWAPED IT OUT WITH A TURBO MOTOR OUT OF SAY AN INTERCOOLED GN (ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE DRIVETRAIN) YOU WOULD HAVE A NICE LITTLE TRUCK THAT HAULS A$$, OF COURSE TRACTION IS ALWAYS A PROBLE WITH THE LITTLE TRUCK & NO WEIGHT IN THE BACK. BUT LIFE'S A BITCH:)

I love those 4.3's! I think it is one of the toughest and strongest engines that GM came out w/. IMO

GM performance also has a high output 4.3 that looks pretty good-it would look even better with a turbo on it.

I really like those trucks. I would like to see on like this:

red paint
extended cab
flareside
tinted windows
install an LS-1 w/ 4L60E!!!

that car would kick ass!:D

I love those 4.3's! I think it is one of the toughest and strongest engines that GM came out w/. IMO

Then you obviously haven't seen the 4.3 in my driveway with the rod sticking out of the oil pan. :)

My old mans 1993 GMC Sonoma bought w/ 35,xxx miles on her.
395,xxx plus on the odometer, didn't burn oil...that says alot to me. Tranny did have to be replaced once. She had alot more left in her but unfortunately, she got repoed in '97.:( To each his own though.

They're good engines and their origin is that of a 350 Chevy. It's nothing more than the V-8 with 2 cylinders lopped off. They're fine for non high-performance applications but if you start pumping some horses out of'em you're gonna toss a rod.

I had a 1992 Typhoon (http://www.krif.com/tta/TTA/3Rides.jpg) and learned quite a bit in the year I owned it. They had a turbocharged 4.3L V-6 and were rated at 285HP and ran well. However, if you push the power and hit it hard, eventually you're gonna throw a rod. Anyone seeing a pattern here yet?....:confused: