Yet another razor's kit installed

qwks6

Boost junkie
All tests checked out good pre-drive. Took it out, tested recommended 5-7lbs, very smooth! Slowly cranked her up, she ran so smooth and easy! Maybe it's my imagination, but it seemed to run better... even when I slowed down and idled. Maybe the alky steam cleaned some of my internals!!! Maybe I'm just imagining things...

I really can't wait to get my TT chip for alky in the mail!!! Hopefully today, as it shipped a while ago! Can't wait to see what the timing and boost does!

Anyway, one quick question! After driving around and inspecting the new toy after driving, the akly tank seems very hot. Obviously it's not too far from the DP, so I guess it's to be expected. Does everybody else's do the same? Is it dangerous? I haven't seen too much concern from other people, and I haven't seen a post about the tank blowing up, so maybe I'm just worried about nothing.

Thanks Julio! I really think you make a great product! Also, the write up on tuning it is very useful!

Mike

Congrats! That 61 and alky should get you into the 11's:D

Never had any issues with the alky tank being next to the DP in the past 4 years of running methanol here.

Thank you, I see you have a similar setup! I'm liking what I see as far as quarter mile times and dyno numbers!

Never worried about the tank temp before but felt mine yesterday after a drive and man it does kit pretty hot. Wonder if it would be better to just mount a tank in the trunk where it would stay cooler?

It gets hot in the trunk as well.

I wonder if making a cover like a DEI heat shield could help. Like the cover they made for the 89 TTA for example.

This would really be a neat new product.