you win some you lose some

chico

will race for food
Well after putting on some miles on the new engine I decided to take it out and hunt, oops i mean um cruise. After driving around for 15 minutes i saw nothing. Then outta no where this mustang pulls up-really clean it had some type of body kit. sounded really nice. kept checking out his ride it ended up being a S281 Saleen. I heard that the S351's are pretty and fast but i have never heard to much about the S281. anyway this guy in the S281 saw me looking at his car and i guess decided to so off...BIG MISTAKE.
As i heard his engine roar and saw his GRIN :mad: i knew i had to defend the Honor of every TR stuck in this situation. so i gunned it. Reeled him in and passed him at 50 mph!!! I made sure he would see my brake lights because i would practicly slam on the brake waiting fo rhim to catch up. Ended about after 3 attempts the S281 could'nt pull me. dunno why. but i knew he was very aggitated by the look on his faced when i would pass him every time. i met up with him at a Gas station and i wanted to talk to him about his car. he gave me the cold shoulder and didn't wanna talk back to me. I am glad i didn't say it was a 6 cyclinder.
Anybody know what they run in the 1/4?

the very next night...
I bump into a guy in a 1960's Satelite (forgot the year) very clean car. Told me that he could never get a race. I asked him what he had and he said a small block 318. Real clean setup upgraded carburetor blah blah... not so if i should be worried so i asked him if wanted to run. he asked me what kinda of car i had and told him (pointed) "just a lil ole V6" (usually people gimme the thumbs up or 'the nob' when they see my car) . I asked him if he had ever heard of a GN. He made a reference to the Monte Carlo SS and i told 'yeah something like that'. We lined up and gently (ha ha) rolled across the intersection as soon as i heard his engine scream I went WOT. He had about a quarter panel length a head every time - UNTIL Boost. when that kicked in it was all over. well i thought this guy's car was faster and so did he. After numerous runs 6 or 7 runs all from a roll - 25 mph - He asked me are you sure you only got a V6 i replied "with a small turbo". Each run i ended at least 3-4 a head. He later said his car was all top end...i shrugged my shoulders and told him he had a sweet ride.

OK. i know that this post is long. But the next encounter is what made me a believer that a Mustang + money*10 = fast car.
I end up driving to my buddies house. He's got 5XX hp Lexus :eek: . I shouldv'e figured that his car wasn't the only one in the neighborhood making BIG numbers. But i am kinda slow witted (prolonged exhaust fume inhalation). Me and my bud end up crusing and spot a real nice Mustang Cobra. I slowly catch up and check out his car. my friend spots a shift light cleverly hidden behind the steering wheel - and decided not to tell me. As me and the Cobra turn onto an oncoming street- i decide that i should gun it first. I did. Full boost. Then i feel/hear/smell/see this cobra shifting hard chirping the his tires in third. and passing me. not one car. not even two. Three cars. He pulled three cars on me in no time. In my confusion i start checking to see if my car was in gear, emergency brake on, if i am being towed. everthing. He slows and pulls up next to me and says to me (the guy looked and sounded exaclty like the BIG black guy from The Green Mile):
HIM: I noticed that you had your eye on me.
ME: um.. yeah what in the heck do you have in that ??? (in my
please don't hurt my voice)
HIM: 10lbs..____supercharger,full bolts ons (could not hear which sc)
ME: WOW thanks.

Weird thing it i could not hear the supercharger Whine.

ok that is all. for now.

good reading

In my confusion i start checking to see if my car was in gear, emergency brake on, if i am being towed.

LMAO on that one. Good kills though.

in answer to the s-281, they run high 12's around 110 on slicks. good kills and dont worry bout that big bad cobra too much, i think of it like this....if i win 4 out of 5 street races i'm happy. as long as i'm handing it out more than taking it i know my car is quick enuff. good luck and stay safe.

LMAO!!

Good ones, that Satelite was fast? With the 318?

My cousin's got a '70 Satelite, with a 318, and thats one slow car! LOL!

I bet that guy had a Vortech Supercharger on that Cobra, cause Vortech is the only CO. I know of that makes a silent drive charger.

I think thats true about the vortech. When my friend had a Lincoln LSC, he was going to put one on it. You cant even tell that they are there at all. Very decieving. I have only seen that type once.
Some of those satellites were fast.. I think around mid 60's might be. The cars got alot bigger and heavier into the early 70's though.

Yeah, that guy in the Satelite was very Bummed when i told him that i only had a V6. When got me the most was that he wanted me to turn OFF the turbo!!!!!!!!! :confused: I laughed really hard at that one. :p

Originally posted by chico
Yeah, that guy in the Satelite was very Bummed when i told him that i only had a V6. When got me the most was that he wanted me to turn OFF the turbo!!!!!!!!! :confused: I laughed really hard at that one. :p

nice."uh yeah,i got the switch around here somewhere...or maybe i'll just pull the fuse...":rolleyes:

what a tithead:rolleyes:

figures that the same guy would think his 3700 lb b-body mopar is "fast" with a friggin 318:rolleyes: or better yet,"it's all top end".good god.

good kills.

FYI Vortech has a new series of s/c's called the SQ (super quiet). It uses a different gear-set than the older Vortechs and is impossible to hear with the hood closed. They are also much more efficient than the older ones, so I'm guessing that's what you ran into on the Cobra.