Your thoughts on a car purchase

Hey All,

I am looking at purchasing a very very clean 86 T-Type. Car has 71k original miles and is still owned by the original owner. It is white with blue interior. The car is pretty much stock. With the market all over the place lately, what should I expect to pay for something like this?

Thanks
Scott

Need a bit more detail on the condition- mods, paint, interior, body etc. If the car is clean, and stock in good condition I would say around 12K give or take a couple a couple of grand

More detail on the condition

Mods - None

Paint - 8.5 / 10 easily (bumpers painted white) / Some pinstripe painted and fading

Interior - Blue 8.5 / 10 one of the cleanest blue interiors I have seen

Body - Straight

Thanks for the feedback.

is the old person senile and not know what they have?? do they have a figure in mind? Do you only have X amount to spend.

I am guessing (remember i am in expensive part of the USA) Plus grumpy has the market cornered up here) but 4 to 5.5k sounds about right much better if you can get it for less.

I don't really have a number in mind. I have seen a ton of mixed signals on the market lately. The Turbo Buick seem to be sporadically spiking in value. I think it all boils down to having the right car and finding the right buyer.

This particular car is really clean. I have not seen one this clean in a very long time. (For a T that is). I think the 12k-15k range is pretty reasonable. The only thing that holds me back is the color combo BUT any color combo in my opinion can be dealt with if it is really clean and has been well taken care of. There is definitely some value to that.

The other option is to go with a GN. Which for the same money or slightly more can be had as well. I guess it is all in what you want!

More detail on the condition

Mods - None

Paint - 8.5 / 10 easily (bumpers painted white) / Some pinstripe painted and fading

Interior - Blue 8.5 / 10 one of the cleanest blue interiors I have seen

Body - Straight

Thanks for the feedback.

based on that ,I would say 10-11k

Given that T-Types still haven't quite caught up to the GN value-wise and the fact cars just aren't selling very well period I would start the bidding around 8000, work up from there but probably no higher than 11. If you can sneak a picture or two that would help as far as getting some feedback.

I have heard and seen that the 86 cars are not worth as much as an 87. Have you guys seen anything on that? I think I have seen some evidence of this but not by a whole lot.

I have heard and seen that the 86 cars are not worth as much as an 87. Have you guys seen anything on that? I think I have seen some evidence of this but not by a whole lot.

They sell for less on average, but I like them just as much and I do think some aspects of an 86 is cooler, they're rare. I had a dark blue 86, it turned a lot of heads, really stood out.

Between 8-10k. A comparable GN is probably worth 2-3k or more than the T here in Phoenix.