Your thoughts on TTA's

TTA's are the best sleeper car out there !!! No one knows what it is :p .We bought one new in 89. Most fun I have ever had with a car . We have another new TTA now an still have 5 Buick Turbo's. Had at lease 20 Buick Turbo's over the years that were a blast to drive just dont try an turn !!!:cool:

Originally posted by Grumpy
TTA's are the best sleeper car out there !!! No one knows what it is :p .We bought one new in 89. Most fun I have ever had with a car . We have another new TTA now an still have 5 Buick Turbo's. Had at lease 20 Buick Turbo's over the years that were a blast to drive just dont try an turn !!!:cool:

Grumpy is right about this car being a sleeper. Most people know a turbo Buick is supposed to be fast. But hardly anyone knows what a TTA is. Most think our car has a 305 TPI motor in it. Lotsa fun at the track when you hand a ZO6 his a$$.:D

Saving up for one now, hope to have one by spring. I plan on doing autocross with it, looks like a little more fun then drag racing.
I figure if I don't like the car after a yr or two I'll be able to sell it without loosing much, if any money on the deal.
If anybody knows someone looking to sell a lower mi one in great shape that is mostly stock for around 12k, let me know;)

Originally posted by Pronto
A lot of Pontiac guys give the same response to the 403 Olds in the 77-79 T/As as they do to the TTA. I got all kinds of putdowns and was ignored on the boards. I went to the RealOldsPower.com site and got some respect there. I loved beating the Poncho powered guys at the track. They never gave any respect even when the best they could muster was a 14.5 and I was 13.4. Sure there was some real fast Pontiacs there but vast majority of the run of the mill GTOs and Firebirds ran in the 14s. Guess that's just typical closed mind thinking against something different.

Good point about the 403 TA's, I have owned several 2nd gen TA's and never liked the olds powered ones, go figure.

Honestly I never saw one in person until I went to Texas to pick up my second 87 GN. I had never been to Snyder, TX before,(where I bought the car) so when I got into town I called the guy I was buying the GN from at a gas station and he said he would swing by and lead me back to his house. Sure enough, he showed up in a TTA and from that moment it was love. Would I choose a TTA over another GN? Probably not. Would I absolutely pounce on a TTA if I saw one for a good price? Hell yes.

The only negative thing I ever heard about the TTA is that they are rattle traps just like the rest of the 3rd gen F Bodies. But then again so is my T topped GN. I'm sure a hard top TTA is pretty solid and I'm also sure that some good bracing (subframe connectors, panhard bar, etc). I've never actually been in a TTA, but have always wanted to ride in one. Any TTA owners in the Phx area, come on by. ;) Honestly, I would gladly trade up my GN for a TTA. I love the Darth Vader looks and the powerplant, but that's about it. I used to want a 3rd gen F body until I drove an '87 IROC for the first time. :eek: My wife also wants be to get rid of the GN to make way for a sports car.

Of course I love TTA's. I didn't feel like spending the $$ on a low mile one so I'm building my own :D