YZ250F is an animal...

Nashty

WORLD'S FASTEST ......geo
Holy mother of moto-cross. I can only imagine what a 450 must feel like. I just bought a used 250 4 stroke monster. Anybody ever thinks I'm crazy for drag racing a Metro, I'll put them on this thing and tell them to pin it. Bikes have come a long ways since my old ATC250R. I thought that thing was fast. This thing is incredible.

you should of tried

a YZ 426F. I had one last year, only rode it about 10 times and sold it. A BRUTAL bike. I could ride wheelies at any MPH with all that torque:eek:

Re: you should of tried

Originally posted by JOHNDEEREGN
a YZ 426F. I had one last year, only rode it about 10 times and sold it. A BRUTAL bike. I could ride wheelies at any MPH with all that torque:eek:

I have a 2000 426F. Sure is a fun bike.:)

I had a 2000 426 with all the goodies White BROS TI. pipe c/f silencer all the skid plates were c/f, I changed all the bolts to TI, it had a c/f airbox custom TI sub frame, Emig triple clamps in black, black Excel rims with gold Talon hubs had the yellow plastic with Bob Hanna graf. kit gripper seat cover, after market cams, a ton of carb work from Pro Tech, suspension done by Stone Works, Race Tech springs, Gold valves in the forks, billet levers with clutch adjustment and hot start, Gold chain, I could go on and on.

I love that bike, it was like having a auto trans for a bike it would pull for day's, way nicer than my 250 2 stroke that I had, but hell on tires.

A word of advice though if you do anything to your bike the first thing should be suspension work have it set up for your weight and riding style. That one mod will make it easier and more comfortable to ride play riding, and way more stable, and predictable for racing. I promise you will be much faster with the proper suspension under you.
Most people want to go buy there pipes first when 99% of them never really use the power in the stock system.

Have fun with your new toy

Originally posted by larry33kc

A word of advice though if you do anything to your bike the first thing should be suspension work have it set up for your weight and riding style. That one mod will make it easier and more comfortable to ride play riding, and way more stable, and predictable for racing. I promise you will be much faster with the proper suspension under you.
Most people want to go buy there pipes first when 99% of them never really use the power in the stock system.

Have fun with your new toy

Well put.

After being used to the '86 era 250R's, I never wanted a 4 stroke, even after also having an '85 350X. However, my cousin has a new 450, and I'm a believer now after riding that. Yes they have come a long way!!!

4 strokes are sh!ty! pre '00 ofcourse, now, holy sh!t they fricken haul. I have a 96 cr250r, which has probably more invested in it than my car over 2K ( I used to work at a cycle shop got everything 10% over dealer cost:eek: ) That thing was a tourqe monster. The cr450f is the way to go, nothin against yamaha, but honda is the titties.

I have (2) 2004 Hondas in the garage now. I contemplated buying a used CRF 250R but just can't put any faith in the motor. They are trashing the valves like crazy in those motors. This bike is more than I need anyway. I'm creeping up on 40 for cryin' out loud.

I just raced a hare scramble today on my trail bike. OMG am I sore...

Walt, this thing is just the ticket for your world record attempt at jumping pit area pallet fires. I think before I take it to KY, I'll remove the rear fender to save money.;) As you know, I only have one ball anyway. Abnormally large, it still isn't large enough to allow me to buy a 450.

I use to be a sponsored rider till I hurt my back at work, so I was able to get my parts at 10% also. I loved my 425 like I said earlier. I had a ton of money in it and it killed me to see 1 month after I sold it it was junk, the guy that had bought it blew it up 2 months after buying it.

I know that Brian Emig (brother of Jeff Emig)used to bad mouth 4 strokes till he rode mine then he didn't want to give it back, I thought he was going to blow it up he rode the he!! out of it. He then went out and got a YZ400 cheap from somebody who brought in his shop to sell and decked it out it was a real screamer didn't even sound normal.

I loved the power even though I didn't use most of it but I would hole shot all day long. And it was scary fast through the woops after the suspension work. Any time I let someone ride it they looked like I just gave them a ride in the GN they would get off shaking like crazy and the first thing they would say was WHOLY SH!T that thing is fast, and man that suspension is SWWWWWEEEETTT

My son switched to a 250 F for racing the 125 class. He was so against going to a 4 stroke, but has gotten used to it and the low end power for breaking out of turns. He still keeps his YZ 125 though for his play bike cause he grew up with that two stroke ping. :D

I put 5 hours on my new to me 03' CRF450R this weekend. It is incredible the amount of power it has. I am so sore it hurts to smile. It is a poor bike in really tight trails with stock gearing and can get a little hot, but does extremely well when stretched out and can hardly be touched. The suspension has been worked a little and was awesome for me.

There is a company in Cali that I can send my head and carb to and they'll promise a dyno backed 40hp motor that has LOWER compression. You don't even need to get a different head pipe for the exhaust. All for a measly $700. You think that headers for a TB are expensive? Shop around for a carbon fiber / Titanium exhaust for a thumper. They're around $700 for a 4' piece of tubing and a cheapo muffler. Too bad you pay that much for a muffler and it don't even muffle !!

For comparison, a CRF450 is 49hp stock. I've read that the works bikes are in the 60 range though. Those bikes are just too big for me to horse through a track though. If I had large expanses of space maybe, but the brutal acceleration through the first 3 gears of my 250 is enough for me.

I wish the bike was a bit shorter.

Wow how bikes have changed. When I started racing motocross I had the new 76 Yamaha YZ 125 monoshock. Oh those were the days, Marty Smith, Tommy Croft, Bob Hannah and Roger DeCoster. Man I'm gettin old.:D