Zylene

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
I just put zylene in my tank and I got 3 extra psi out of it!
Im running 21#'s boost with no KR. But I think im maxed out on the stock injector or am I? 02's in the 760-800 range thrasher 92 chip and My cheap FPG reads 49 psi line off! What boost are some of you guys running with stock inj?

I know anything after 47psi can have an irregular pattern but I dont know if the fpg is bad or?

Thanks,
Bo

and My cheap FPG reads 49 psi line off! What boost are some of you guys running with stock inj?

check with a buddy and make sure that BOTH gauges read VERY close to each other-

if you are having doubt about your injectors, im sure you can pick up some green stripe 30# injectors FOR VERY CHEAP!!

your stock injectors will definitely take you deep into the 12's with THE PROPER GAS, but without the Xylene im sure your going to get knock at part throttle-

do you have the race jace power plate? do a search here for the PLATE-- that alone will get rid of a few degrees of knock and about 100 degress of heat around 120 mph

ps how many miles are on your car?

FWIW, I ran 12.15@111 with 93 octane and Xylene. That was with the stock injectors, turbo, intercooler, exhaust, etc. Just watch the knock and you should get there. But the injectors are really maxed, at least mine were. I was showing up to 130% :eek:

Quick 6, I have 50's on the way from racetronix... till then I will be stuck with stock for now:rolleyes: My car has just turned to 70k and running great! I do want the PP but, I want to put that on after I get my 50's for tuning purposes.

TTA 1387, What boost were you running on that 12.15 pass?

What time is your car running now with the new convertor and at what boost level?

Thanks,
Bo

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap

TTA 1387, What boost were you running on that 12.15 pass?

What time is your car running now with the new convertor and at what boost level?

Thanks,
Bo
I was running 18-19psi when I ran those times.

I haven't been to the track since the new tranny/converter. I'm planning on going Friday for some TnT action. As for boost now, I'm running 22-23psi.

What I would like to know is , They say you should only two parts gasoline,one part Zylene. Now lets say you have 100 oct. Next week you want to make another mix, now you have 100oct, and you do a mix. Its going to be more than 100. how do you make it work so you can keep using + use alky. Or do you have to almost run the tank dry.
Thanks, Nick

You shouldn't really go below 3 gallons of gas to 1 gallon of Xylene. I always used to mix 4 gallon batches. Or just measure it out at the gas station. Either way, 3:1 should yeild pretty close to 100 octane.

The use of water/alky injection won't hurt anything when running a gas/xylene mix. You can just run even more boost/timing ;)

Go here and look at the link at the very bottom. This is a spreadsheet that will follow the formula to calculate octane yields after mixing 2 sources. You can vary amounts of each source as well as their octane.

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/misc/Octanemix.html

Look at the faqs in the fuel section as well for ideas on highest mix ratios and lubracants to add.

Brent