10.33 @ 129

The Granny

Probably the 7th hit in the car at the track, 2nd of the day. the first hit of the day it spun on the launch and the car darted to the side right after the 60'. everyone in the staging lanes was saying how the track was crap, so i watched a couple cars ahead of me make passes and i made some minor adjustments to the suspension for the first time since it was installed and got some pretty decent results....

this are the first passes i've made in the car since the tune session with Bison, and since i installed my Gee M Racing headers. also changed the plenum/tb combo, went from a stock set up there to a 70mm/hemco set up

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=pYzmy668hsQ
IMG_8785.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice 60ft time!

Congrats on the great pass.

thank you! the time was great, but i've got slow motion video of the launch and it's not quite where i want it to be... lots of wasted motion. a couple more times out with video and adjustments and ill get a better time nailed down :)

Congrats, what's the full combo. Can't see signatures with taptalk of you have it listed

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Congrats. Good to see hard work paying off.

I am also of the opinion that cars are getting quicker because we have a better handle on tuning and a few parts that made a huge difference in the last 5 years.

Congrats, what's the full combo. Can't see signatures with taptalk of you have it listed

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Thank you!
My combo: 109 block, stock crank/rods, TRW pistons, 218/212 hyd. roller cam kit from Comp., 8445 ported and polished heads, T&D 1.55 rockers, stock intake port matched, hemco 70mm plenum, 70mm TB, 120lb injectors, RJC 315 FMIC and girdle, 6870 3 bolt PTE turbo, Gee M Racing street headers, XFI is from Cal and was tuned by Bison not too long ago, alky control kit with M5 nozzle and bisons plate. 200r4 trans built for 1000 hp by Ronnie at Century Automotive and has an electric tbrake, 8.5" 10 bolt rear with 30 spline moser axles, tru trac posi, trz control arms in the front and anti roll bar in the back, baseline control arms in the back, afco DA shocks in the front and old beat up SA QA1s in the rear. I think that's everything lol

Congrats. Good to see hard work paying off.

I am also of the opinion that cars are getting quicker because we have a better handle on tuning and a few parts that made a huge difference in the last 5 years.

Thank you Jerryl, being able to click off a pass like this makes everything worth it. Still with under 10 passes at the track, I know I can tweak a few things here and there to maximize the combo. You're 100% right, I was talking with my dad about tuning with the XFI and he says it's all Chinese to him lol. Then he went onto tell me the way he tuned back in the 90s.... a thumbwheel chip. It had 6-8 points of adjustments for fuel and that was it. He tuned it by ear, so if he heard knock he would add fuel. If he didn't, he would remove fuel until it knocked and then he'd add one click. I thought he was joking when he told me this, but he was being 100% serious

this are the first passes i've made in the car since the tune session with Bison, and since i installed my Gee M Racing headers. also changed the plenum/tb combo, went from a stock set up there to a 70mm/hemco set up

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=pYzmy668hsQ
View attachment 315423

Nice job. That's strong. What did the car run before the tuning, headers and plenum/TB changes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

She is gettin down!

Nice job. That's strong. What did the car run before the tuning, headers and plenum/TB changes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Thank you guys. Still got some left in it for sure and will try to click off a 9 sec pass my next time out! I only went to the track twice before this, first time was a total bust as i hadn't ever ran the car at a track before, ran like a 12, second time was 1/8 mile only and made 3 or 4 passes and only one was solid and it was my last one. It was 7.0@85 with a 1.51 60'. Messed up the shifts on it, forgot to leave out of low gear (electric tbrake). I changed the suspension a bit for the first time since it was installed after my first pass at the track this most recent time, and i attribute a lot of the gains to that. However i'm sure with everything else that was changed on the car, it had a positive effect also

Makes me not so nervous of my stock crank/rods.

Haha, yeah well i'm still pretty nervous about it all. I've started gathering parts for my next build so hopefully when the time comes for this one to call it quits, ill have the pieces in motion for another motor at the same time

A plus for me is i'm running very conservative timing and a rich a/f ratio, so i don't feel i'm pushing it to its limits. Will try to make the launch more efficient and see what kind of times i can get

Haha, yeah well i'm still pretty nervous about it all. I've started gathering parts for my next build so hopefully when the time comes for this one to call it quits, ill have the pieces in motion for another motor at the same time

A plus for me is i'm running very conservative timing and a rich a/f ratio, so i don't feel i'm pushing it to its limits. Will try to make the launch more efficient and see what kind of times i can get

Nice pass on a stock stroke engine with a stock crank/rods/iron heads/trw pistons. What peak boost was you running- I read the thread where you lauch on 9-10 psi and accomplish a 1:43 sixty ft- nice job !!!!!! That prove that a good tune up with stock parts will survive- how long under hard accelerations the ?.

Haulz A

Nice pass on a stock stroke engine with a stock crank/rods/iron heads/trw pistons. What peak boost was you running- I read the thread where you lauch on 9-10 psi and accomplish a 1:43 sixty ft- nice job !!!!!! That prove that a good tune up with stock parts will survive- how long under hard accelerations the ?.

Haulz A
Thank you! We shall see how long it lasts.... I plan on being very cautious with the car and performing more than regular maintenance on it. These cars are a ton of fun but expensive also... I'd hate to have a catastrophic failure because I was being too laid back with it.

Good job Giancarlo. There’s at least half a second in there still with some tweaking. Looks like you’re on the right path. 20mph increase in the eighth from last time.

Good job Giancarlo. There’s at least half a second in there still with some tweaking. Looks like you’re on the right path. 20mph increase in the eighth from last time.

Thank you Brian, and you're right. With so much to fine tune on the car from the suspension, tune, launch, boost control, etc.... a low 10 sec pass as a baseline has me optimistic. Still under 10 total passes at the track in the car, and this was only the 2nd pass following our dyno session. First one i spun hard on the launch, then spun again after the 60 ft mark. I was able to click off a high 11, not that it's that meaningful given everything that went wrong

New PB, congrats! What did the car dyno and whats weight of the car? Which TC in the trans? Your combo is def working!