You can type here any text you want

10 Sec. WH1 T-Type

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steve

I have an 86 WH1 Desgner Series T-Type for sale. For those not familiar with a WH1, its a T-Type that came black and gray with the GN spoiler on it. There was only 463 made in 86 and none in 87. There were some made in 84/85 but I am not sure how many. It has been 10.81 @123.8 on M/T drag radials with a 1.57 60' time! It would have been faster but I was late on the 2-3 shift and it nosed over and lost a little. It normally has a mph around 128. It has the original short block that was rebuilt with two center steel main caps and a 205/205 cam. It has Champion ported iron heads. Other mods include TE-45A turbo, CAS V-2 front mount, 55 pound injectors, Red's double pumper, THDP, Red's voltbooster, RA 93 and 106 chips, PI 3200 multidisc lock up converter, F-body radiator, linelock, UMI adjustable uppers and tubular lowers, BMR lower control relocation brackets and ATR style rear sway bar. I haven't had it to the track since I added the sway bar and relocation brackets and I think it will 60' better now. I have no doubt the 60' would be in the 1.4's on slicks because I lauch at 6 psi on the DR's ( because that's all the DR's will take) but it will easily hold 12 psi on the line so it has plenty left. The car has been well cared for and is rust free. The paint is mostly original(the top black area has been repainted) and it shows its age but still looks presentable. The interior is in good condition. No rips or tears but does show some wear. The car has digital dash, climate control, pw, pdl and concert sound. It has new wheels and front tires with less than 200 miles on them and the rear DR's have good life left in them. It drives very good and is 100% streetable. It also comes with a laptop and Direct Scan also. Email me at Steve@speedtechnologies.net or PM me for pics. $10,900 Thanks

Steve

I am trying to send pics but I appear to be having some email problems. I will try agian in the morning. Thanks for the patience.

Steve

I am still having email problems so I will email the pics tonight from work. I have quite a few requests for pics so if I miss anyone please let me know if you don't have any pics by tomorrow morning. Thanks

Steve

P.S. This is Ted's old car

Not too long ago when ted sold the car....9K would of taken that car with a good amount to spare.... ;)

I guess I will never understand why people that have nothing to do with the conversation feel they have to make comments but...

Ted wanted $9500 for the car and I paid more than $9K for it. I invested more money in the car both in mods and safety items as well as cosmetically. Bottom line is that it was my car and that was my price and I didn't have to sell it and I would not have if I didn't get what I wanted. I can assure you that I have never posted on one of your threads with my comment and I would appreciate the same courtesy from you. Thanks

Steve said:
I guess I will never understand why people that have nothing to do with the conversation feel they have to make comments but...

Ted wanted $9500 for the car and I paid more than $9K for it. I invested more money in the car both in mods and safety items as well as cosmetically. Bottom line is that it was my car and that was my price and I didn't have to sell it and I would not have if I didn't get what I wanted. I can assure you that I have never posted on one of your threads with my comment and I would appreciate the same courtesy from you. Thanks

Hey...No problem,Your car..you sell it for what you can get for it...Was just saying that Actually UNDER 9k would of bought that car not too long ago...Didnt say anything about what you were asking for it....You did.

If I would of come on here saying...(Hey!!This guy just paid 9k for ths car,And now he is wants to turn right around And try to Hit one of the TurboBuick Bunch in the head to the tune of 2 Grand...That would of been a different story.)

Congrats on the sale of the car...

My point was that your post had no relevance to the topic at hand. I have been on this board since way before the crash in 2001 and I have never posted on anyone's thread unless I had something useful to add to a topic, never just added my own commentary. And it could not be bought for $9K or under then(when Ted had it) because I tried and Ted wouldn't go for it so you are wrong about that. The guy that bought the car looked at it when Ted had it for sale. He wanted to buy it then and would have but some things beyond his control(mainly weather and schedule) prevented him from buying it and I was able to buy it mainly just due to be geographically closer. He looked at when Ted had it, he knew what Ted was asking and could see the changes I made to it and the money I invested and he bought it.

You would have never bought the car from Ted for under $9K. I don't know where that came from. It's BS. He was firm on his price for $9500. Steve put new control arms, UMI upper adjustable and tubular lower control arms, BMR lower control relocation brackets, new Halibrand wheels, new tires on the front, and a brand new set of MTET street drag radials. Plus there were other details which make the car a very street legal 10 second car. Steve is a very meticulous person and this car shows it. If you were smart enough to figure out the math and what he put into the car he wasn't making any money on the car. He just had other projects in the making and didn't have to sell the car. I have to laugh, because some of you guys post that you want a fast street car but you always want to beat these guys down on price. No need to get on Steve's ass. I just thought I'd post. Thank you. :D

wh1

All i got to say is who ever bought the car got there money's worth, i know that when i sold it to steve it was in good hands and he took very good care of it and made it better, what ever the price was ??? who knows and who cares, just try to build another car that will run 10.61 that was in this cond that was so dependable and required no work, well maybe changing the slicks and putting in race gas thats is it and let me know how much you got in it ???? thanks ted

Steve said:
My point was that your post had no relevance to the topic at hand. I have been on this board since way before the crash in 2001 and I have never posted on anyone's thread unless I had something useful to add to a topic, never just added my own commentary. And it could not be bought for $9K or under then(when Ted had it) because I tried and Ted wouldn't go for it so you are wrong about that. The guy that bought the car looked at it when Ted had it for sale. He wanted to buy it then and would have but some things beyond his control(mainly weather and schedule) prevented him from buying it and I was able to buy it mainly just due to be geographically closer. He looked at when Ted had it, he knew what Ted was asking and could see the changes I made to it and the money I invested and he bought it.

1..This is a public forum....Dont like people posting on your threads?..Go to Ebay!!
2..Even with Ted posting in this thread now...I will still tell you that the car was going for that price...But It was minus whatever scan tool was in it at the time...Dont believe it,Who cares...I guess im just a better at striking deals than you are.
3...Someone posted an offer...9k...I was just letting them know that a while back,That would of bought the car..Obviously not now!
4...You sold your car...Its done and over with....NOW STOP CRYING!!!

And Karst#9...

As far as price goes...You can read above also...Think it's BS?I really couldnt care less!

As far as fast street cars go...You dont have to tell me anything about them...Ive had plenty...Including my present car,That when finished up in about a week...would put Bus lenghts on that WH1..

And welcome to TurboBuick...Where Beating a guy down on price is a way of life for most around here...

Ted...Hope the RX7 is coming along nicely!!And all is well.

Im done here...No other replies will be read,Or posted to.

Just because its a public forum doesn't mean that anyone wants your commentary. Just because you CAN say something doesn't mean you always should.

Ted is exactly right, the perfromace of this car can not be duplicated for the money. The car performed exactly as Ted said it would and required no maintenace other than just normal routine maintenance. Its a good solid rust free car that runs great and I am sure Kirk will enjoy the car.

Ted, Kirk, I appreciate you guys posting on here on this topic.

Steve

Back