180° t-stat with turbotweak chip?

deezdad

I have a 95 octane 42lb injector street chip burned for my combo, from what I understand tt chips are burned for 160° t-stats, what would happen if I ran a 180°?

I believe his chips just control the fan to come on earlier at 160 or 165 can't remember, I ran his chip with a 180 stat until I switched to a 160 and had no issues, fan just comes on earlier than factory chip
the thermostat is mechanical and will open at certain temp regardless of chip

Last edited:
I have a 95 octane 42lb injector street chip burned for my combo, from what I understand tt chips are burned for 160° t-stats, what would happen if I ran a 180°?

You'll get slightly better fuel economy, better emissions, and a tad less power.

That's about it.

Thanks, sounds like I'll need to send the chip into Eric to change the fan turn on temp, otherwise it'll run all the time? If I use a 180..

its gonna run most of the time either way , only time you'll see temps low enough to turn it off is in cold weather or with cooler air at higher speeds , even with my 160 stat I rarely see temps below 170 , but its always hot as hell here LOL, I don't think it will be worth it ,but you could talk to Eric see what he says