18x12 with a 335 30 18 tire in the rear, notching and tub?

qnitro

Hey Fellas, got some questions. Im a regular on Protouring.com and love the whole look and feel of a PT car, and I was like hell I have a GN why not do it to our cars . So I ordered a full QA1 suspension with coil overs and I ordered ATS spindles, I ordered the Baer front and rear brakes, Im going to keep the 8.5 just rebuild it, and than I was on to rims and tires. I want to run a CCW classics 18x12 with a 335 30 18 in the rear. I know I will have to notch the frame, I have looked though the forum post and there is some good advice, but I cnt seem to find anyone who actually has ran a 18x12 with a 335, as i might need advice for backspace. I plan on rolling the fender, so that will buy a little, and with the frame notch, Ive looked at the older post, and see some advice, but nothing real recent. Who make a complete kit, meaning the notch plates, backing plates, on the back side of the frame, the tubing that reinforces across the frame(I have seen as many as 3) Im trying to make as rigid as can be, as I have read through the forum post of the dreaded fender buckling. I will have the body off the frame, so I can do the notching and reinforcing properly, plus Im having the frame powder coated when done. this is the beauty below.

I have a question
What's the specs on your current wheels and when are you selling?
Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

I am seriously thinking about 18x12's also and going for the pro touring look. I have several cars to "restore / modify" , might as well do one. Hope some info pops up.

I am also looking at doing a PT build with that size of wheel. Any assistance would be appreciated

From what I've specd out you'll need a 6.5" back spacing and the frame notch kit from the GN vendors will do. My new frame will have frame boxing, support bracing and use the notch kit. I'll roll on 325/50/15 MT "R" tires with wheels having a 5.5 bs.

3) Im trying to make as rigid as can be, as I have read through the forum post of the dreaded fender buckling
Short of a roll bar, you are looking at that possibility......
And, NOT one that goes thru the pkge shelf and then vertical.