1970 Chevy Pickup C/10 Stepside

murphster

I got this truck from my dad a year or so ago. A couple years ago it was completely stock and the transformation had begun....

'70_CHEVY_PICK-UP_001.jpg '70_CHEVY_PICK-UP_002.jpg '70_CHEVY_PICK-UP_003.jpg truck old engine 2.JPG truck old engine 3.JPG

The first step was to get rid of the white bumpers and wheels. Chrome bumpers and rally wheels were put on. At the same time, lowering springs were added to get a sporty ride height without being slammed.

truck 3.JPG truck 4.JPG

Around this time, my dad delivered the truck up from South Carolina to me in New Jersey. I put on a new dash bezel, digital old style radio, new center speakers and some kick panel speakers so I could actually hear the radio. The grill had seen better days so I put in a new chrome grill. At this point the truck looked pretty good but still rode kind of crappy. New shocks were put in on all four corners with new lowered mounts on the rear to preserve shock travel. A front sway bar was also put on. The ride was now very nice.

truck 5.JPG truck 6.JPG

The truck still had the crappy 250 inline 6 with the Saginaw 3 speed on the column. I wanted more power and overdrive. I considered a 350 with an overdrive manual. But that was not to be. This spring I started gathering parts to do the LC2 swap. This fall I finally got everything I needed and had a bunch of parts Jet Hot coated.

truck new engine.JPG truck new engine 2.JPG

This put together a couple weeks ago the day after I got my parts back from being coated. A couple days later my friend Paul (pacecarta) sent me these pics from his phone:

truck 2.JPG truck new engine in.JPG

The engine was in that quick.

Here's a better picture...

truck new engine 4.JPG

truck new engine 5.JPG

Almost complete. Waiting on a new trans crossmember to come in any day to bolt the BRF 2004R to and need to run fuel lines and hook up inline fuel pump. I have a 23" Lokar shifter going in also. Should be driving it around pretty soon.

One word cool! Big fan this is a marriage of two greats the 70's Chevy truck and the baddest motor ever maid

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

this is an awesome build..its a 70 syclone. I wanna hear the thing run and burn some rubber. I love those old school pickups.. ..

Nice truck.

You have now joined the ranks of drive it,love it, now I want to go faster, happy spending!

Living near Pacecarta you don't stand a chance, hide your wallet or he'll help spend you into the tens!!!!

Nice truck.

You have now joined the ranks of drive it,love it, now I want to go faster, happy spending!

Living near Pacecarta you don't stand a chance, hide your wallet or he'll help spend you into the tens!!!!
Paul makes it too easy, you want that done? Ok bring it over. And it's done.
that was easy

Paul makes it too easy, you want that done? Ok bring it over. And it's done.
that was easy

He must have an EASY BUTTON, he just needs to start lending it out at some point.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Just have to finish up a few things. Hopefully it will warm up a little soon and I'll get some vids posted up.