1987 regal rpo help

jimjam187

So I’ve purchased this car and have gotten a little history on the car from the current owner. From what I’ve been to the car was ordered by a friend of his that had a GM dealship in Maryland.
They couldn’t hat their hands on a GNX so they ordered this one from the factory. The build date is 9/86 so I know the we4 wasn’t made until the next month. So does this make it a pre-we4 before they changed how they were built and coded?
Supposedly when the car was brought to the dealership they changed the intercooler, turbo and injectors to match the gnx.

Can’t find anything on the web that matches what I have. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 77877A8A-FFFD-4C7B-B985-8D8D76C08EEA.jpeg
    77877A8A-FFFD-4C7B-B985-8D8D76C08EEA.jpeg
    309.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 5D8B109C-C687-428A-A42C-0000D4DD080F.jpeg
    5D8B109C-C687-428A-A42C-0000D4DD080F.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
9/ 86 makes it an 87 , we4 was available for order from nov 11 86 (not the next year as you state)
someone probably had the bumpers painted because even with the w02 blackout on your T the bumpers would be chrome . and for that matter the front corner lamps were also chrome on the w02 cars
also the rear spoiler on yours had to be added after delivery as it couldnt be factory ordered except on the GN/GNX ..even with the later we4 pkg the spoiler was not included or optional

as to the gnx' ing ...the injectors were same on gnx so not sure where you heard they were different , intercooler and turbo were specific for a gnx but i doubt highly it had recieved a gnx turbo as you needed to own a GNX and supply all the right numbers from the car just to buy the turbo. intercooler looked same but had more fins

Last edited:
that’s just what he got from the original owner and I’m relaying what I’ve been told. Nothing on this car was added it’s exactly how it came from the Detroit plant other than the parts stated above. This is a 80 year old man I bought the car from and has had it since 1997.

Last edited:
rpo shows it was not ordered with posi so yours would have been equipped with the aluminum drums

Spoiler was added, T43 is the factory installed GN RPO code for it.

Bumpers painted as well, VH6 code would be needed I believe for either a WE4 or GN model to have black painted bumpers.

It's a nicely optioned base Regal with blackout WO2 and LC2 turbo packages that has been modified.

Dealers would install spoilers etc. if you had enough money, I didn't when I purchased my WE4 new.

Just my .02, it's a nice car and does look better than a chrome bumper version. :cool:

that’s just what he got from the original owner and I’m relaying what I’ve been told. Nothing on this car was added it’s exactly how it came from the Detroit plant other than the parts stated above. This is a 80 year old man I bought the car from and has had it since 1997.

No disrespect but it may be how he remembers things ... on another note .. I have seen a few cars that have things on them that just don't make sense... now call it that things were replaced and wrong parts were put on ??? don't know ... or call it that GM put some parts on cars by mistake ?? don't know ...

I own a Limited that has some parts on it that I know it shouldn't ... but you cant argue with pics of when the car was delivered to the dealer with the wrong parts on it from GM

I say anything is possible ...

I remember seeing a white T with the black out package and black bumpers that the guy claimed were original. I didn't argue with him because when I saw it back in 1987 nobody had told me they didn't come that way.:confused: