1st gen F body

Scott Atk

From the searching that I've done, it seems there's interference between the steering box and the d/s header. What's the best solution? The Uni-Steer rack and pinion seems pretty low profile, does that alleviate the interference?
I'm also interested in anything else that I might encounter. Thanks in advance, Scott

Here's my new car! :)

Attachments

• IMAG0315.jpg
    IMAG0315.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 1,097
Already has Varishock coilovers in the back... Unfortunately, it also has an Alston ladder bar setup, at least it's poly bushed. I'll have to get it on the road before I decide if it stays or goes.

I have about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch clearance on my first gen with the factory PS box, but it does sit a little higher on the drivers side. It isn't noticeable by other people but I can tell.

Thanks for the response BlackBurd. Can you give a description or pics of the mount setup? Thanks.

Talked to American Powertrain today. Wow!! sticker shock for sure. BOP bellhousing, Billet flywheel, twin disk clutch, T56 Magnum, shifter, crossmember, hydraulic clutch kit, driveshaft, wiring, pretty much everything for $6100.
I'm going to call Keisler Monday morning, and see how they compare.

Thanks Rick. I'm excited about the project. As far as I know, I will have the only T56 behind a Buick V6 around. UPDATE: I will be going with Keisler for the transmission.

Sounds like a neat project!

Shoot me a PM sometime if you still have that dash, I am still open to working something out :)

Thx!

Getting anxious to get started on this thing. Engine is pretty much ready (at least for mock up). Clutch and flywheel are in hand. Transmission delivery date is Oct 10th.
IMAG0177.jpg

Eventually. Just looking to get it running first. I am planning on running E85 + ALKY so it should be interesting to log inlet temps.

Manual transmission (Tremec T56 Magnum) mock up eye candy. Ram 9.5" dual disk.

Attachments

• IMAG0194.jpg
    IMAG0194.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 514
  • IMAG0196.jpg
    IMAG0196.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 583
It's a bit of a leap of faith, but I figured the rack and pinion should allow more room than the steering box. It's a Unisteer unit. I will wait on running the PS lines and column linkage until after the motor is in.

Attachments

• IMAG0198.jpg
    IMAG0198.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 670
  • IMAG0201.jpg
    IMAG0201.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 695
Holy balls, that is one clean MF'er! I love it! Congrats on the new ride, glad to see you playing again.