200-4R rebuild around Kansas City

1Fast66

I've found recommended builders in OH, NY, MI, IL and TX on the forum - Is there anyone that specializes in GN trans builds anywhere near the Kansas City area? (within 200 miles) I'm trying to avoid shipping the trans across the country - ugh. Looking to use all the best parts, targeting the 650HP level, so I need someone with experience. I have the original BQ trans in the car - so that's a good start :)

I live in Overland Park and found Edgars in Bonner Springs after I toasted 2nd gear a year or so ago... he did a great job rebuilding mine. My trans is not stock but I am only at 450 HP so you have some different needs. He and his son race cars so he understand HP. Give them a call a and see what they say.

Where do you live? I never see any GNs when I go out... we should meet up sometime...

I used Edgar's for my 4l80e in my blown 66 Nova but I supplied a lot of the aftermarket parts. I was very happy with that one just not sure what experience his builder has with the 200-4R's - a majority of his work is stock rebuilds. His new website doesn't even reference high performance transmissions :unsure:. I live down in Olathe off 151st street would welcome meeting up with you - It's actually a 84 T-Type (GN is faster to type). I'm in the process of converting to E85 and figured I better redo the trans at the same time. Thanks for your response and let me know if / when you want to meet up :)

Lonnie at extreme in Ohio shipping is easy
I think he is so good I ship from Hawaii