2004R Bands

WillRideAgain

Kevlar lined band vs Extra Wide band in a rebuild for a 11sec. turbo regal. Which one would be better choice or is there any difference?

Most are going with the Alto Red Eagle extra wide band, and billet band anchor pin. I've researched this stuff up and down, just rebuilt my trans. I received a lot of good advice from members here and the Alto Red Eagle is what I went with.

Jim

I don't use a "red" anything friction wise in a trans anymore. Especially an Alto red band.

altoband3.jpg

Reason I don't use Alto bands...

triple :eek::eek::eek:

I had water damaged direct clutches do that to me, locked the directs cooked the band and the drum.

I was hoping someone else would ask this but.... If you guys are saying not to use ALTO Red frictions what should we be using, and in which clutch packs of the 200-4R?

At one point I thought Alto was the frictions to use, top of the line. Did quality go down as of late?

From what I heard, about 3-4 years ago Alto may have shipped out a lot of frictions which had been exposed to high moisture / water, this resulted in frictions coming off of the backing as in Jake's photo. Rumor?

I heard a similar reason, Bad batches of Bonding agent. Raybestos also had problems a while back on their Blue Frictions.