2012 Rules Discussion

HighPSI

Staff member
I have spoken to quite a few of you. Feel free to post your comments/opinions here. If I don't receive any comments the rules will stay the same.

Remove liquid weight penalty (I proved no gains by going slower all year)

Records have to be backed up and only true legal TSO cars can hold them :rolleyes:

Thats it for now :cool:

I vote that all races be within 3 hours driving from me so I can watch them all...:biggrin:

Bryan

I vote that all races be within 3 hours driving from me so I can watch them all...:biggrin:

Bryan

I vote that you at least TRY and keep your car off the lifts in NC and then you will be able to "watch them all". You enjoy driving all the way to NC to use RC's shop to repair the brick...:eek: :biggrin:

I vote that you at least TRY and keep your car off the lifts in NC and then you will be able to "watch them all". You enjoy driving all the way to NC to use RC's shop to repair the brick...:eek: :biggrin:

:eek::eek:

Since I never raced in the class but I thought I would throw this out there. How about allowing ladder bar cars and 4 link cars in. With a weight adjustment if you feel it necessary.:smile::smile:

Please keep the suggestions coming. I will probably put some sort of ballet together that we can vote on. The hard part will be deciding who gets a vote.

Since I seem to have ruined that other class all by myself :rolleyes:, let me see what I can do for TSO............

Mandate 109 blocks only

Allow twin turbo LS V8s

:biggrin::eek::rolleyes: J/K

SERIOUSLY FWIW -

Has it ever been considered to drop the Regal specific body rule?

How about allowing the frame rails to be moved inboard - keeping the current tire limits?

I say iron blocks run alum. heads, and alum. blocks must run iron heads.:biggrin: Also, double the weight for the liquid I/C and must have the battery mounted up front.:eek: Let me know what ya think RRA. One other thing...... no MSU apparel allowed at the track or within a 100 mile radius of said track. that's all I can think of for now.

The Note-taker

I also say there should be a spec. muffler bearing, with everyone running the same bearing it should even everything out.:wink:

The Note-taker

Heres one for ya I will be crusified for this but add some rules to allow boosted big block cars to the mix. I sure the slow cars will cry but the fast guy's are still faster than any boosted big block has gone. But there are some of out there and there will be more added all the time with the TA block out there make us weigh in at 3500 or 3550. I just want too do some heads up racing and there just isn't enough v-8 cars to put together a class as of right now. let the Flaming begin.

Heres one for ya I will be crusified for this but add some rules to allow boosted big block cars to the mix. I sure the slow cars will cry but the fast guy's are still faster than any boosted big block has gone. But there are some of out there and there will be more added all the time with the TA block out there make us weigh in at 3500 or 3550. I just want too do some heads up racing and there just isn't enough v-8 cars to put together a class as of right now. let the Flaming begin.

I don't know how that would work out to allow them in TSO but I do think that a boosted or outlaw V8 class needs to happen in the near future.

Not to hijack this thread but I know there are a few Pro-Charged boosted BBBs out there plus there's Dusty, Louis, and several other turbo V8 Buick bodied cars as well. If the TA BBB stuff ever gets in gear that will lead to even more. I hope to have mine done by the time I hit social security age as well. There just aren't enough of them to make it all Buick only - either Buick powered or Buick bodied. Maybe someone will start another thread on that topic.

Back on topic.................TSO rules discussion.

Or even a forced induction class. That way it could cover abroad spectrum. And have broken into 2 catagories One all out race cars, then the other street legal class ie plated, interior , And able to say go on a short cruise. :cool:

Steve

Havent raced TSO yet, but will in 2012. I agree with Cruz on loosing the weight adder on liquid to air coolers. Other than that leave the rules alone.

See you guys next season.

No Dog in this, but am a big fan of TSO and TSM

With the feild almost all under the 8.50 mark will they all need 25.5 SFI ratings or will the feild try to slow it down to fit the 8.50 certs?

Also, Why not allow Exhaust to Exit the Front Fender like alot of other Turbo classes across the nation?

No Dog in this, but am a big fan of TSO and TSM

With the feild almost all under the 8.50 mark will they all need 25.5 SFI ratings or will the feild try to slow it down to fit the 8.50 certs?

Also, Why not allow Exhaust to Exit the Front Fender like alot of other Turbo classes across the nation?

Nor have i ever raced in TSO, but that could soon change. I would say at least let the exhaust exit behind the front wheels, like most classes out in TX and AZ

I say no exhaust, exit where you want. This is not a street car class, so why do we need exhaust. Most classes that allow turbo do not require exhaust at all.I am rebuilding my car for local 8.5 tire and they do not require exhaust, if my car fits tso rules when they come out then I will race at the events.