2013 TSO Rules Discussion

HighPSI

Staff member
Here's your chance to discuss any rules changes you might want. Any past, present, or future TSO racer can join in the discussion. Like always, only the last 2 years particpants have a vote. I will have to look through all the old ladders and see who those are.
I want to also throw on the table that I am open to somebody else taking the reins and running the class if that's what you guys want.

gnxtc2 said:
So what rules are up for discussion?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I think the only thing we saw new this year was me running e85. So that needs to be voted in or out. If any tso racer is scared to race me don't vote it in cause I'm not changing my fuel. I also think if we are going to allow cars in (turbo street outlaw) that look like full fledged race cars we should take the word street out of the class name.

street-t said:
...I also think if we are going to allow cars in (turbo street outlaw) that look like full fledged race cars we should take the word street out of the class name.

Isn't that the "outlaw" part? If it can be licensed, I think it's a street car.

I think the only thing we saw new this year was me running e85. So that needs to be voted in or out. If any tso racer is scared to race me don't vote it in cause I'm not changing my fuel. I also think if we are going to allow cars in (turbo street outlaw) that look like full fledged race cars we should take the word street out of the class name.

Not trying to start anything but it was voted on last year and it happened anyway . I don't know that I would have said no at Bowling Green but not finding out until after you had won the event didn't seem like the right way to handle it . Was I was the only one that didn't know ?

And no I am not scared to race you . I just do this for the fun. Win or loose I don't care who is in the other lane.

The only problem I see with it is having to have a tester after every pass to be sure everyone has true e85.

Not trying to start anything but it was voted on last year and it happened anyway . I don't know that I would have said no at Bowling Green but not finding out until after you had won the event didn't seem like the right way to handle it . Was I was the only one that didn't know ?

And no I am not scared to race you . I just do this for the fun. Win or loose I don't care who is in the other lane.

The only problem I see with it is having to have a tester after every pass to be sure everyone has true e85.

I was just talking shit about the scared to race me part. You must not know me . I also do this for fun. Seems like you might be the only one that didn't know. I went 8.3's at Bg and fuel had nothing to do with it. I have been faster on c16. I just don't see how people want to keep paying $17+ for race fuel when you can pay $3. Like I said before if it doesn't get voted in this year I won't race TSO. It just seems to me that the whole thing is dying anyway. Don't get me wrong I enjoy going to Bg and Reynolds to race against the same kinda cars but it is not a must for me. Everyone runs Q16 or C16 now. That fuel is never tested so anyone can also cheat with that. Now if you have to come to a race with a 8 car field and a $500 payout and cheat to win there is something wrong with you.
As far as the rules and me racing on e85. I have in previous years been to Reynolds with a pro mod 90 mm turbo and raced tso with it. Everyone racing knew about it and didn't care. I know more than once where the rules have been looked past so someone could race. It's funny how nobody cares until you win. LOL

I think a vote on the fuel would be a good thing. I am planning on switching to e85 for 2013. I raced Manny in qualifying and first round. He was cool with me drafting him!!!!!!!

No, tai. Just a spectator of tso. I know my opinion doesn't matter.

No everyones opinion matters. In this case more the Tso racers themselves. Hopefully they all post what they think. I would love to here everyones opinion.

"I want to also throw on the table that I am open to somebody else taking the reins and running the class if that's what you guys want."

I am happy with Cal staying on as RRA .

I went back and reviewed how we did things last year and we actually allowed anyone who had raced TSO in the LAST TWO YEARS to vote. My original post above said only this years participants. With that being said, here's who's eligible to vote:

-----------------------2012 Racers
Richie Balcom
Willard Brown
Jason Cramer
Don Cruz
Bobby Don
Paul Dubois
Manny Espino
Dave Fiscus
Art Frye
Gary Harmon
Justin Hinderer
Jimmy Morrison
Bill Steurnagle
Tim Szabo
Brad Tennyson
George Thompson
Billy T
Jason White
-----------------------2011 Racers
O.C. Cantrell
Rob Irle
Nick Piccione
Tom Robison
Jr Turner

If I missed anyone, please let me know. I'm hoping to get the rules finalized by the end of the year.

I went back and reviewed how we did things last year and we actually allowed anyone who had raced TSO in the LAST TWO YEARS to vote. My original post above said only last years participants. With that being said, here's who's eligible to vote:

-----------------------2012 Racers
Richie Balcom
Jason Cramer
Don Cruz
Bobby Don
Paul Dubois
Manny Espino
Dave Fiscus
Art Frye
Gary Harmon
Justin Hinderer
Jimmy Morrison
Bill Steurnagle
Tim Szabo
Brad Tennyson
George Thompson
Billy T
Jason White
-----------------------2011 Racers
O.C. Cantrell
Rob Irle
Nick Piccione
Tom Robison
Jr Turner

If I missed anyone, please let me know. I'm hoping to get the rules finalized by the end of the year.

I know you missed Roy (BOOST) Garcia.

My vote is keep the rules as they are for 2012. I see no reason to change. Time to race, not to start changing things. Let's see what we can do with what we have. Too many cars in the garage and not on the track due to making changes. Let's dial in what we have. if we want to go faster and quicker, step up to a faster, different class with the appropriate safety equipment.

George