You can type here any text you want

3-3/8” backspacing question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

626gn

Did a search but still not clear…Will I get any rubbing with a 275/50/15 Nitto NT555R on an 8.5” wheel with 3-3/8 backspace? How about with a 7” wheel with 3-3/8 backspace? This is on a stock rear set-up.

going with the 275/50 26" tall there usually isnt any issue , the 275/60 28 tall thats another story

with 8.5 3-3/8 (I assume this is a convo pro ) youll be out at the point of the fender lips but at 26 tall that shouldnt be a problem unless ride height is really lowered , watch tip on curves and driveway aprons depending on how stiff your rear suspension is
with 7"the tire will be shifted toward the frame , the cross section will decrease but the bulge out from the rim will be greater. have to be concerned about axle centering and rubbing the frame , a spacer could be used if its tight

Last edited:
Thanks Paul. Yeah, I was purposely staying away from the 60 series to avoid the additional issues. I don't need the additional patch area anyway. I'm just wondering now how it would look with the tire out to the edge of the fender...guess I'll look at some pics and see. If I switch to a 255/60/15 (with 8.5 3-3/8) do I guarantee clear the fender lip without any issues or should I go 7"?

Back